Masters of Architecture Admission
Admission into the Master of Architecture program at JudsonUniversity requires:
- Successful completion of the Judson University B.A. in Architecture or equivalent.
- A summary undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- A cumulative architecture course GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- A comprehensive portfolio of academic, creative and professional work.
- A letter of intent stating the applicant's abilities and professional aspirations.
- A complete application form.
The whole of the above will be considered regardless of the particular strengths or weaknesses of any single component.
Application deadlines are February 15 for fall semester priority enrollment, July 1 for fall semester late enrollment and November 15 for spring semester enrollment. Applicants are notified of their application status by March 31, August15, or December 31, respectively.
Applicants who have earned a B.A. or B.S. degree in Architecture or another field from a regionally accredited institution may apply for admissions as a Post-B.A. student. Applicants must complete all of the application requirements above and supplement the application with
- an official copy of transcripts from any institution of study,
- three letters of recommendation from those familiar with their academic and/or professional work,
- $100 application fee,
- and results from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
In most cases, approved applicants will be required to complete "preparatory courses," as designated by the Architecture Department Chair, which satisfy NAAB and departmental mission requirements in preparation for the graduate program. Upon completion of the preparatory courses, the Post-B.A. student may formally apply to the graduate program.
Please email your portfolio, letter of intent and application to:
Transfer, Readmit and Architecture Graduate Admissions Representative
1151 N. State Street
Elgin, IL 60123
Ph: (847) 628-2521
Fax: (847) 628-2526