NOTE: This degree is not currently being offered at Judson University. This page is for archival purposes only for past students.
Judson University’s Communications Management major will equip you to strategically approach communications with traditional and digital applications. As you learn to view the field with a leadership framework, you will be prepared to write for a variety of audiences, adapt to rapidly changing communication technologies, lead a diverse range of personality and talent, develop strategic communication campaigns, and use new media for organizational and professional success.
The Communications Management program’s Christian perspective will also challenge you to consider the ethical and operational implications of your decisions, the societal impact of media, and the responsibility and moral obligation held by professional communicators.
Elgin, Rockford, and Online
- Versatile degree that prepares students for a wide variety of careers.
- Real-world Communication Scenarios: You'll study organizations and current events to develop an understanding of how communication tactics are used and then determine their effectiveness. In addition, as part of your coursework, you'll develop a comprehensive strategic communication plan for a local non-profit or small business.
- Leadership Component: You'll not only learn to create effective communication pieces and strategies, but also to lead and direct within an organization.
- Emerging Technologies: New technologies and media have changed the way people interact with the world around them. You'll learn to strategically approach new media and understand its impact. In addition, these technologies are brought into the learning experience when appropriate to provide a richer, more relevant education experience while creating a strong foundation for the future.
- Self-Branding: You'll develop a wide range of creative and strategic skills that will make you invaluable in the workforce as well as help you promote yourself. In your capstone course, you'll determine your personal brand and develop a personalized promotional plan to market yourself. Even if you shift careers, these branding techniques will continue to help you remain competitive.
- Instructors with Experience: The instructors in the Communications Management Program have a wide range of experience. They include published writers, executives, entrepreneurs, marketing and public relations directors, social media managers and graphic/web designers.
- Public Relations Manager or Specialist
- Fundraising Manager
- Advertising Manager or Specialist
- Marketing Manager or Specialist
- Writers and Authors, including Copywriters
- Meeting and Event Coordinators
- Sales Managers
- Social Media Specialist
- Social Media Strategist
- Online Community Manager
- Brand Manager