ALUMNI BOARD 2013-2014:
Ben Glunz '10 Chair; Sally (Ackemann) Boscaljon '73 Vice Chair, Matt Granger '90 Secretary/Treasurer, Angel Oakley-Kawa '04, Denise McNutt '74, Matt Archibald '04, Bob Bittner '82, Chrisann (Andersen) Smith '75 and Eric Rojas '90.
Calling All Judson Alumni!
Send your ideas, suggestions and/or interest in the Alumni Board to alumni@JudsonU.edu
The Judson University Alumni Association (JUAA) is looking for enthusiastic individuals with a passion and desire to give something back through service on the JUAA Board of Directors. We need dedicated, hardworking individuals willing to commit their time, energy, talent and resources to support the JUAA and its mission of unity and service to all Judson University alumni.
The mission of the Judson University Alumni Association is to unite and serve alumni from Judson University and encourage alumni loyalty, support and involvement in the university. The JUAA Board of Directors are motivators, communicators and leaders who work together to fulfill the JUAA mission.
Eligibility: All graduates of Northern Baptist College and Judson College/University or all former students of Northern Baptist College and Judson College/University who have successfully completed twenty-four (24) credit hours and have left the College/University in good standing are eligible to serve on the Board of Directors.
Expectations: Interested individuals must demonstrate interest in the JUAA’s Mission and Vision, and desire to provide positive leadership in moving the Judson Alumni Association forward in helping fulfill the mission of Judson University. The board meets four times a year, usually at Judson’s Elgin campus. The summer meeting is a day-long planning session. Board members must be available to communicate electronically between meetings. Board members shall serve a two-year term minimally and are eligible for re-election for up two more terms consecutively.
Duties and Responsibilities: All JUAA board members share an equal general responsibility to insure that the JUAA operates as effectively as possible in the fulfillment of its mission to unite and serve Judson University alumni. The following list reflects the scope of responsibilities shared by board members to accomplish the goals of the JUAA.
JUAA Board Members will:
1. Promote Judson University affairs and the Alumni Association mission;
2. Determine policies and strategies for the development of the JUAA in collaboration with other board members and staff;
3. Work with staff in the implementation of the JUAA’s mission and goals;
4. In considering the JUAA’s limited financial and human resources, respond to staff/board member requests for information and support in a timely way;
5. Insure the financial stability of the JUAA by assisting in program development and fundraising activities;
6. Commit to a two-year board term;
7. Suggest possible nominees to the JUAA board who can make significant contributions to the work of the JUAA and the board;
8. Attend and participate in all board functions, including four board meetings per year (at own expenses),
9. Fulfill all duties pursuant to the JUAA constitution and the policies developed by the board;
10. Promote active member involvement in JUAA work.
Click HERE to download the application. Please email completed application to alumni@JudsonU.edu.