Judson University, a Four Year Christian College in Elgin near Chicago. The Church at Work in Higher Education.

  • Students With Disabilities

    Under the American Disabilities Act, (ADA-Amendments Act, Title III) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act (1973) all student seeking special educational accommodations must provide current notice of the restricting condition to the university. All Clinician reports must be performed while you are an adult age (over the age of 18). The university may not accept Individual Education Plans (IEP's) from High School as current valid documentation under the ADA guidelines since students are identified as minors and children under the age of 18 while receiving IEP (K-12) services. Colleges and universities are only required to accommodate a student's disability if the relevant school personnel are aware that the student has a current disability and the student has publicly stated their disability. If you seek a reasonable educational accommodation at Judson University, we must request current proof of your disability.

    The most effective way to show that you are entitled to reasonable ADA accommodations in the current school term is to:

    • Obtain a licensed clinician's summery letter outlining the disability, test results and any confirmed, possible limitations to learning, and reasonable academic accommodations in order to meet the needs of the post-secondary coursework. Under AA, reasonable accommodations or minor academic adjustments may include the following samples based on diagnostic test result.

      • Allowable recording devices for class lectures
      • Assigned note takers
      • Audio books
      • Extended time on tests (not to exceed time and 1/2)
      • Testing in a quiet testing room
      • Use of calculators (for Dyscalculia)
      • Sign Language Interpreters for academic coursework

    • The documentation must reflect your abilities and limitations at the academic Post-Secondary level at the time you request the accommodation.

    • Please note: The post-secondary school does not have to make changes or adjustments that fundamentally alter the academic prescribed coursework or graduation requirements under ADA.

    The University allows individuals with Service Animals access to buildings on campus, including Campus Housing. The University will allow qualified students with disabilities to have Support Animals in Campus Housing on a case-by-case basis according to the policy available on this page.

    Any questions regarding accommodations at Judson University, please contact Gineen Vargas, Tutor and ADAA Compliance Coordinator at gineen.vargas@judsonu.edu.  Phone: 847-628-1156  Fax: 847-628-1007. Gineen's office is located in the Student Success Center - Lindner Tower 2nd floor.

Judson University, Shaping Lives that Shape the World