Homepage Banner Submission Guidelines
In order for us to be able to post a banner to the homepage, it needs to follow these guidelines:
- All website graphics must be in RGB. If you are modifying some materiel from a print publication, it was likely created in CMYK and needs to be converted to RGB for the web.
- Homepage Banner dimensions need to be 230px wide and 295px tall and have a dpi of 72 or 96. No exceptions. They have to be this size.
- The banners can be in either JPEG (best for images), GIF or PNG (best for vector graphics, ie Adobe Illustrator)
- The banner rotation controls are in the bottom right corner of the Homepage Banner section, do not place any text or important information in the lower right hand corner of your banner!
- Text should be written in the 'active voice', should have a title for the event, time or location if appropriate.
- Banners should also have a page of content to link to on the main website for more detailed information. It is recommended that somewhere on the banner you have added "click here for more information" or similar so any viewers can easily find more details.
- The Communications Office retains the right to hold or not post a banner. Should this be an issue, you will be contacted.
Only 7 Banners will be in the rotation at any time.
- Homepage Banners will rotate out every two weeks with the exception of banners promoting recruitment to the University.
- Events promoted through the home banner must take place on the Judson Campus or be connected to a Significant Program area of Judson (i.e. alumni gathering taking place in Ohio could be featured here). Again, the Communications Office reserves the the right to hold or not post a banner. Should this be an issue, you will be contacted.
- Use of Judson’s logo will follow graphic guidelines, more information on this to follow at a later date.
- Subjects used in the photos must grant approval for their likeness to be used. The Communications Office has release forms available should they be needed.
- All Homepage Banners submitted and used become the property of Judson University and may be used without permission in other locations throughout the Judson University website. Please verify that this is acceptable to the artist who created the Banner and any photographer who's images may have been used before submitting your Homepage Banner. Judson University will not pay for the use of photos on it's website .
- If you have any questions or require clarification on any of these guidelines, do not hesitate to use the link below to forward those questions on to the Communications Staff.
To Submit a Homepage Banner:
Use the link below to submit a Homepage Banner. Upon clicking the link, your email client will launch, entering the proper recipients in the To:, CC:, and Subject: lines. Please do not change any of these fields.
Also in the email window, there are these areas to fill out:
Name of Submitter:
Date to start banner graphic display:
Date for the banner to come down:
Phone number for us to call with questions:
Give us that information, attach the banner and we will do our best to get it in place for you! Note: In submitting a Homepage Banner, you are accepting and following the terms listed above.
If you have any questions or this process is not clear, please feel free to contact the Office of Communications at either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we will get you on tack.