Parking & Registration
Vehicles may be registered at the Campus Safety Office (located in the University Center) 24/7. If you wish to register after normal office hours (8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.), simply call 847-622-9999 and we will be glad to assist you.
*All new vehicles brought on campus must be registered. Switching or transferring stickers will result in a $50 fine and possible Student Development action.*
- Procedure: Every motor vehicle parked or driven on campus must be registered. A valid driver's license and proof of insurance must be presented during registration. Failure to register your vehicle could result in your car being immobilized with a "boot" until registered with Campus Safety ($50 immobilization fee applies). If an immobilized vehicle is not registered within 14 days of being immobilized, the vehicle will be towed at the owner's expense by Pete's A Towing.
- Fee: Per Semester - $60 for cars, $20 for motorcycles
*All registration and parking violation fees are charged directly to your student account.
*Your vehicle must be registered within one week of arriving on campus*
- Permit Stickers: Must be displayed in lower corner of the driver's side rear window.
Permit sticker colors indicate lot assignments.
- Open Lots: The Fitness Center back lot is open 24/7 to all permits and so is the Lindner Tower South lot and Creekside South lot (accessible from Jerusha Road via Rt. 31).
Commuter Lots - Commuter lots are reserved for commuter permits only but are open to all other permits on weeknights from 5:00pm until 3:00am and weekends from 5:00pm Friday until 3:00am Monday, unless otherwise posted.
- Staff: Staff lots are only open weeknights from 5:00pm until 3:00am and weekends from 5:00pm Friday until 3:00am Monday, unless otherwise posted.
- No parking in the STAFF lot at the Harm Weber Academic Center 24/7
- Closed: Roadways, driveways, landscaped islands, grass areas, walkways, and specifically marked parking spaces.
- Visitors: For off-campus visitors only.
- 10 and 15 Minute spaces: Loading zones or short visit spots only. The 10 minute parking spaces at the Lindner Commons are intended for students wishing to check their mail or visit the campus bookstore. Students using these spaces during meal times will be cited.
- Tickets 1-4 $15 fine per violation
- Ticket 5 $50 fine
- Tickets 6+ $50 fine or vehicle is towed by Pete's-A-Towing at cost to vehicle owner, possible revocation of campus parking privileges
Drivers on campus are expected to operate their vehicles in a safe and legal manner in accordance with the Illinois Vehicle Code. Drivers are expected to obey campus stop and yield signs, exercise caution near pedestrian crossing areas, obey the 15 mph campus speed limit, not drive on the wrong side of the road, not drive on campus grassy areas or sidewalks or foot bridges, and in general demonstrate concern for the safety of themselves and others when operating their vehicles. Drivers who are witnessed by Campus Safety operating their vehicle in a reckless or unsafe manner may be subject to a $25 fine as well as possible revocation of campus parking privileges.
Citation appeals must be made within the same semester of receiving the violation, and must be made using an official appeal form.
You can download the PDF Document version and you can also appeal using an online form. Copies of the appeal form are also in the Campus Safety Office.
There is no charge to appeal a parking violation. No appeal can be made on a citation after the semester has ended.
If you have a parking-related question please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org