Frequently Asked Questions…
- When is final payment for my son/daughter due?
- Are the resident halls open during breaks and vacations?
- Does my son or daughter need to bring a telephone on campus? What number can I call to reach them?
- How can I reach my son or daughter?
- Are there laundry facilities on campus?
- Is there a dress code on campus?
- Is chapel mandatory?
- How safe is the campus?
- Who can my son or daughter speak to if they experience homesickness, depression, conflicts with their roommate, etc.?
- Are freshman allowed to have cars on campus?
- How will my son or daughter get "plugged in"?
- What kind of meal plans are available?
- Are there on campus job opportunities available?
- Are there churches nearby that my son or daughter can attend services at?
- Are there resources to ensure my son or daughter is successful academically?
- What sports are at Judson?
- Will grades be sent home?
- What events can I attend as a parent?
- Does Judson accept AP and CLEP credits?
- Do I need to bring a computer to Judson?
- 1098-T Tax Information
- Full payment for each term is due two weeks before the start of each term. No bills are sent home. Students have access to their Online Statement of Account and their published bills via MyJudson. Each student has the ability to set up their parent for Guest Access to Online Statement of Account and Online Payments. For additional information on payment options, please contact Student Accounts at 847-628-2053. Further information about payment policies and methods as well as tuition and fee rates is available here.
- All resident halls close during breaks and vacations. All students are encouraged to be with family and friends during this time. Exceptions to this can be discussed with the Resident Director.
- Each dorm room has phone jacks available and students will need to provide their own phone if they wish to have a land line. Each resident student will be given their campus telephone number during Orientation Weekend by their Resident Directors. Commuter students do not have a campus telephone number. Students are issued monthly bills for local and long distance phone calls.
- All students at Judson University, resident or commuter, have a CPO (Campus Post Office) box assigned to them over the Orientation Weekend.
- When mailing items to Judson, please address the envelope as follows:
1151 N. State St.
Elgin, IL 60123
- Additionally, each Judson student is given a student email address. Typically, the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Once a student is admitted, they receive a login letter with this information.
- Yes, each dorm on campus has laundry facilities and there are several off campus laundering sites that students can go to. The machines on campus accept quarters only and students will need to supply the finances for the laundry facilities. Change machines are present in the Lindner Campus Commons and Lindner Tower. For more information regarding laundry facilities, please contact the Resident Director of your dorm.
- There is not a dress code on campus, but the university does reserve the right to address individuals on an as needed basis regarding their dress.
- Yes, chapel is mandatory for all traditional undergraduate students. Chapel is on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 a.m. – 10: 45 a.m. Students are required to attend at least 25 chapels per semester. Students who do not attend at least 25 chapels, will receive a grade of "F" for chapel which will negatively affect their GPA. Students who meet the 25 chapel requirement, will receive a grade of "P" for Pass and their GPA will not be affected.
- Judson University takes very seriously the safety of its students. Campus Safety is on patrol 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. The Campus Safety team has built tight bridges with the Elgin and West Dundee police departments. Additional information regarding safety at Judson can be found on the Campus Safety web pages. Lindner Tower, Wilson Hall and Ohio Hall each require that students use a Passpoint key card to enter the floor and/or building.
- The Student Development department of Judson University has several licensed counselors as well as the Counseling Center housed on the campus in the lower level of the Herrick Chapel. Students are also welcome to speak to a Resident Director (RD) and their Resident Assistants (RA) in the dorms.
- Yes, freshman are allowed to have cars on campus. With the rising cost of gas, please note that there are also two Metra train stations located within 2 miles of the campus as well as a PACE bus route that runs directly by Lindner Tower on campus.
- All new students will be registered for GEN101 which will allow them the opportunity to connect with other students during their first few days on campus. Commuter students will have the opportunity to meet up with commuter and resident students over Orientation as well. In addition, each dorm has small groups and bible studies, coordinated by the University Ministries team and JSO (the Judson Student Organization) plans activities year round for both resident and commuter students. A complete listing of campus clubs and organizations, can also be found HERE.
- There are three meal plans available to resident students. Students can choose a 19 meal plan (3 meals a day), a 14 meal plan (2 meals a day) or a 10 meal plan. Commuters also have discount plans available. For additional information regarding meal plans, please contact Student Accounts at 847-628-2053.
- Yes! In the beginning of the school year, the Career Center Director hosts a job fair on campus. Many departments on campus have several jobs available throughout the school year. There are also several off campus work opportunities in the area with many retail stores and businesses near campus. For additional information about Career Services, please contact Doris Haugen at 847-628-1510.
14. Are there churches nearby that my son or daughter can attend services at?
- Yes, there are many churches nearby and a church fair is available for students to attend in the beginning of the Fall semester. A listing of churches is HERE.
- The Academic Learning Center is available for all students and provides several tools to ensure academic success for students at Judson U. For additional information regarding the Academic Learning Center, please feel free to call 847-628-1069.
- Judson has a variety of sports and also has intramurals! Judson is a member of the NAIA (National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics) and the NCCAA (National Christian College Athletic Association).
- For more information on Judson athletes, click HERE.
- No grades are mailed out to students. Each student has access to their grades via MyJudson and can setup guest access for their parents through the Guest Logins section on the Student Info tab.
- All of them! Please feel free to become a part of the Judson community as well. Feel free to check out events happening on campus via the campus calendar and don't forget to check out the athletic schedules at www.judsoneagles.com.
- Yes, Judson does accept AP and CLEP credits, but no more than 30 hours of alternative credit options may apply to graduation. For AP examinations, Judson University awards at least three credit hours for a score of three and at least six credit hours for a score of four or higher on tests of the one-year courses. Some of the examinations cover the equivalent of a half-year course; three credit hours are awarded for a score of three or higher on these. A table listing of Judson University courses awarded for satisfactory scores on AP examinations is available in the Registrar's Office. Students should request that AP test scores be sent to the Registrar's Office. In addition, a table listing of Judson University courses awarded for satisfactory scores on CLEP examinations is available in the Registrar's Office. Students who have previously completed CLEP tests should request that the test scores be sent to the Registrar's Office. Current students who are considering a CLEP test should consult with their advisor and the Registrar's Office to ensure the credit would apply to their academic program.
- Many students bring their own computers and laptops to Judson, but Judson does have several computer labs available on campus. All the residence hall rooms have access to wireless internet. Connecting using an ethernet cable is recommended for the most reliable internet service.
- We have contracted, as in previous years, with ECSI to print and mail 1098-T (Tuition Payments Statement) tax forms for the current tax year to your mailing address.These forms are posted on ECSI's web site for you to reprint or for future access. To access your form online you will need Judson's school code which is K1, your social security number and your PIN. If you do not know your PIN or do not have a PIN, you may call ECSI at 888-549-3274.
- Summary of required information for online 1098-T form access:
- Judson School Code: K1
- Your account number (your social security number)
- Your PIN (ECSI phone number for PIN: 888-549-3274)