Judson University has traditionally been a residential school. It continues to maintain a strong commitment to the concept that community living plays a vital role in the student's academic experience and total development. To this end, students are required to live on campus unless they meet one of the following criteria:
- Living with parents within a 45-minute commute.
- Not attending the university full-time (less than 12 credit hours).
- 23 years of age or older by the first day of fall semester.
- Living with Judson faculty or staff in their primary residence (1 student per address).
Exceptions to this policy may be considered on a case-by-case basis. The Off-Campus Housing Form must be completed annually and returned to the Housing Director for approval.
The residence life staff makes room assignments based on completed roommate reservation and housing preference questionnaire forms. The residence life staff attempts to honor but cannot guarantee all requests.
At the end of each semester, and with the permission of their resident directors, students may change roommates and/or rooms. There is a $25 charge for changing rooms mid-year.
Room and board for students does not cover Christmas and Spring Breaks. The university closes down the residence halls for a 2 week period over the Christmas and New Year Holiday. If students desire to use their rooms during these periods, they must receive permission from their resident director prior to the break period.
At the end of each semester, rooms might be consolidated as needed to provide space for housing.
Students may apply to live on campus during the summer, even if they are not enrolled in a class. Applications and summer housing information are made available near the end of the spring semester. Priority is given to students working full time on campus for the University; students involved in a practicum or internship experience (a professor's signature required for internships); international students; and students serving as resident assistants for the summer. Students living on campus during the summer are under the general supervision of the Residence Life Staff. All campus rules and regulations are in effect for all summer residents. Specific summer housing information can be found in your MyJudson account.
What Items are Permitted in the Residence Halls?
- Refrigerators up to 6 cubic feet are permitted.
- Window fans are permitted.
- Air conditioning units of any kind (window, portable, etc.) are not permitted in student rooms.
- Cooking meals in the Lindner Tower and in Ohio and WIlson Halls is prohibited in rooms and only small appliances such as hot air corn poppers and coffee makers with completely enclosed heat coils are permitted.
- Power strips must be used in place of extension cords.
What Items are Provided and What Do I Need to Bring?