A Degree as Distinctive as the Teachers Who Achieve It
The Master of Education in Literacy Program combines several distinctive features to enhance our graduates’ learning experience.
- A significant focus on classroom instruction in the arenas of writing, reading, and literature
- Quality professors who are truly experts in the field – some full-time at the university and some still full-time in the classroom
- Three Anchor courses with split sections (one section for K-3 teachers and one section for 4-12 teachers)
- Degree completion in only 13 months
- Class one night per week (Monday) during the school year and one Saturday of each month
- One concentrated summer session and one relaxed summer session
- Cohort size of approximately 20-25 people
- Competitive tuition with payment options including payment in full at the start, payment billable in four terms, tuition deferment plan—allowing for 12 equal monthly payments, or customized payment plan based on school district reimbursement program.
- Admission to Judson University’s Summer Literacy Conference featuring national, state, and local experts and authors from the field.
- Books for all courses provided by the University
- Complimentary one year membership or renewal in state literacy organization – The Illinois Reading Council