Judson Community Prayer Breakfast
Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 7:30 A.M. to 9 A.M.
Lindner Fitness Center, Judson University
This spring, hundreds of community, service and business leaders will gather for Judson University’s Community Prayer Breakfast. This year’s theme, “See: Hope,” will be used throughout the morning to remember the importance of seeing hope as we pray for our families, our communities, our nation and our world. This networking and community event will offer you the opportunity to be seen as a community leader and supporter of higher education. At the event, Judson will recognize the contributions of one service leader from the community with the D. Ray Wilson Volunteer Service Award. Wilson began the Prayer Breakfast hosted by Judson in 1989.
Registration for tickets is now open!
Jimmy Mellado, President and Chief Executive Officer of Compassion International
In 2013, Santiago “Jimmy” Mellado was named president and CEO of Compassion International, a Christian child sponsorship organization dedicated to the long-term development of children living in poverty around the world.
Having been born in El Salvador, Central America, and reared in seven countries, Mellado has experienced firsthand the impact local churches can have on their communities.
Prior to joining Compassion, he was president of the Willow Creek Association (WCA), a global ministry dedicated to helping local churches thrive. During his 20-year tenure, WCA’s worldwide ministry income grew from $2 million to more than $20 million and membership grew from 860 churches to well over 7,000 churches.
In 1995, Mellado partnered with Bill Hybels, senior pastor of Willow Creek Community Church, to launch and host The Global Leadership Summit. The Summit is recognized as an engaging, annual not-for-profit event created to address the need for high-caliber leadership training in local churches and among other organizations worldwide. It draws wisdom from corporate CEOs, heads of state, academic leaders and others.
Mellado graduated cum laude from Southern Methodist University, with a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. He earned his MBA from the Harvard Business School.
An accomplished athlete, Mellado was a member of the 1983 NCAA Division I Indoor and Outdoor National Championship team at SMU, where he competed in the decathlon and held the school record. After college, he went on to place fourth at the 1987 Pan American Games and 26th in the 1988 Seoul Olympic Games.
He and his wife, Leanne, have three adult children.
Mrs. Tina Jenkins Crawley, Christian Vocalist
Dynamic Christian vocalist Tina Jenkins Crawley will be the featured guest artist during the prayer breakfast.
Mrs. Crawley, winner of Chicago Music Awards' 2015 Best Gospel Entertainer of the Year honor, has been a guest worship leader at multiple churches throughout the U.S. She has also served as vocal director for the Willow Creek Association’s Global Leadership Summit and the Global Leadership Summit - International for several years.
The spirited soprano and graduate of Eastern Illinois University has been featured on stage, in music videos and commercials and at various venues around the globe. She released a compelling debut CD, "The Longest Journey," in 2012.
The D. Ray Wilson Volunteer Service Award
The D.Ray Wilson Volunteer Service Award is presented annually during the prayer breakfast to the candidate who has contributed by voluntarily serving others' physical, emotional, intellectual or spiritual needs. The following individuals are nominated for the D. Ray Wilson Award:
- Keith Brill (Elgin) - Controller and volunteer for 14 different nonprofit organizations including the Community Crisis Center, Habitat for Humanity and the United Way
- Tricia Grosser (Elgin) - Former grade-school teacher and volunteer for several organizations including Feeding Greater Elgin Food Pantry, Elgin Historical Society and Alpha Gamma Delta Alumni Association
- Laurie Huske (Elgin) - President of Northern Kane County Chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness and advocate/educator on mental illness to many different community groups
- Tara Romsaithong (Streamwood) - Founder of Homeschool Village Enrichment Co-Op and volunteer for the Village Kids - Children's Ministry at Village Church of Bartlett
- Jeff Turner (Elgin) - Owner of In the Neighborhood Deli/Catering; organizer for Elgin's "Thanksgiving Community Dinner," "Have a Heart" dinner near Valentine's Day and "Together We're Elgin Community Cookout"; and volunteer with several nonprofits such as the Salvation Army and Ecker Center
- Raymond Warren (Algonquin) Volunteer for the Boy Scouts of America where he has served in many leadership capacities such as president and member of the Council Executive Board
Seeing a need for a prayer breakfast in the Fox Valley area, D. Ray Wilson (1926 – 2003) established one at Judson University in 1989. Since Wilson was well known in the community for his tireless hours of volunteering, the D. Ray Wilson Service Award was begun in his honor after his death in 2003. Learn more about D. Ray Wilson and the nomination process for award on the D. Ray Wilson Volunteer Service Award page.
Reservations are now open.
Questions? Call 847.628.2076.
- $25 Individual Ticket
- $350 Non-Profit/Individual Table Sponsorship
- $500 Business Table Sponsorship
Sponsor a Table
Business Sponsorship -- $500
Organizations and businesses wishing to sponsor a table will host a table for eight guests during the breakfast. Table Sponsors will be recognized in the program and on the table cards posted at their table. Please provide a high quality logo with your order.
Non-Profit/Individual Sponsorship -- $350
Non-profit organizations and individual Table Sponsors will host a table for eight guests during the breakfast and be recognized in the program and on the table cards posted at their table. Please provide a high quality logo with your order.
To sponsor a table, please Download the Print Sponsorship Flyer for details.
Register for Prayer Breakfast
Registration for tickets is now open.
If you have questions, please contact us at 847.628.2076.