Majors, Minors, & Concentrations
The Architecture Program provides Judson students with a Christ-centered comprehensive, professional architecture education. Delivered by a committed faculty, the program focuses on:
- Inspiring students to demonstrate their commitment to our natural environment, sustainability and the development of a quality built environment.
- Encouraging students in academics and community through a interdisciplinary approach that prepares leaders and tempers professionals.
- Nurturing students in the exploration of architecture and its divergent approaches, their creativity in design, and their expressions of personal beliefs in their personal and professional activities.
- Demonstrating a strong faith-based worldview through our program, teaching, and lives.
- Continuously exploring and defining the intersection between Christianity and architecture education and service.
The study of Architecture at Judson University is unlike any other school or university. The program is structured around expanding the students creative abilities first by hand then later progresses into the digital world and the professional practice. The first two years of the program focuses on the understanding of design concepts and works with the abstract and the pure ideas of space. The final two years turns more toward the applicable uses of these design concepts and puts the students knowledge of the formation of space to test with real projects. More Information >>
Judson's new Interior Design Program builds on a very successful architecture curriculum. Students earn a minor in architectural studies while completing the professional Interior Design curriculum in the third and fourth year of study. The program is in a context of an evangelical Christian institution, unique in the Chicago area. Environmental stewardship is a design philosophy that guides the program and its approach to design education. Program Distinctives:
- Shared courses and faculty from the Art and Architecture Department
- Proximity to Chicago: Merchandise Mart, industry, culture and history, Art Institute and museum venues offer many educational enrichments only found in Chicago.
- Chicago is the quintessential American design city full of professionals, networking and employment opportunities.
- Judson's small, intimate Christian community and low student-to-teacher ratio means you will develop close mentor relationships with faculty.
- Effective student-to-student learning through sharing and collaborating between programs and in studios.
- New LEED-Gold facility with dedicated studio space just for the School of Art, Design, and Architecture.
- Travel and study abroad options are built into programs for the School of Art, Design, and Architecture.
- Academic interaction with real projects and professionals will introduce and build your practical design strategies and excellent customer relationships.
- Minor in architectural studies to build a solid foundation for your career in Interior Design.
More Information >>