Are you interested in business, attracted by design and efficiency and science?
As an evangelical Christian university, Judson University is called to exercise wise stewardship over the economic, environmental, and social aspects of God’s creation. In response to this vocation, we strive to cultivate a level of awareness and education regarding the practice of sustainability, so that future graduates will understand the nature of citizenship and will be better equipped to influence their respective workforces and the planet as a whole. Upon completion of the degree, graduates will be equipped to lead and manage sustainability programs and projects for companies, organizations, and communities for present and future generations.
If you have an idea of how Judson University can further Sustainable living fill out the New Sustainable Idea form to let us know.
The new Sustainability Management degree is unique because students will take courses from three of the five schools at Judson University as they fulfill their major requirements. Some of the required classes for the Sustainability Management degree include:
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences:
- Environmental Science (BIO 177)
- General Chemistry (CHM 153, CHM 154)
School of Art, Design and Architecture:
School of Leadership and Business:
- Energy and Natural Resource Management - NEW COURSE!
- Environmental Law and Regulation - NEW COURSE!
- Sustainability Debates - NEW COURSE!
- Project Management (BUS 411X)
- Operations Management (BUS 366)
- Leadership and Change (BUS 301)
- Strategic Planning (BUS 357)
Key features of the Sustainability Management degree
- Opportunity to study several fields during your college career
- Equips you for success in many other career fields because of the emphasis on soft skills such as communication, teamwork, organization, and problem solving
- Membership in the Student Sustainability Committee
- Participation in on-campus sustainability projects
- Participation in an off-campus sustainability project (with a business, not-for-profit, or governmental agency)
- Increases marketability for architecture, science, and business majors who make this their second major
1 Corinthians 10:26: “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it.”