Sharon Kim Profile
Ph.D., Yale University
MA, Yale University
MPhil, Yale University
BA, Yale College
Dr. Kim devoted her life to the Lord Jesus during her freshman year in college. Prior to coming to Judson, Dr. Kim taught literature and writing at Wheaton College for three years.
Expertise / Involvements
Nineteenth and early twentieth-century literature; Christianity and literature.
- Literary Epiphany in the Novel, 1850-1950: Constellations of the Soul (Palgrave Macmillan, 2012).
- "Literary Epiphany and the Theology of Grace." Journal for the Study of Christian Culture. Spring, 2009.
- "Lost in Inculturation." Christianity and Literature. Winter, 2009.
- Statement on Collegiality (Profession 2006).
- "Edith Wharton's Dialogue with Susan Warner" (The Hudson River Valley Review, 2006).
- "Edith Wharton and Modern Epiphany" (The Journal of Modern Literature, 2006).
- "Lamarckism and the Construction of Transcendence in the House of Mirth" (Studies in the Novel, 2006).
- "Puritan Realism: Robinson Crusoe and The Wide, Wide World." (December 2003 in American Literature).
- "Beyond the Men in Black: Jonathan Edwards and Nineteenth-Century Woman's Fiction." (in Jonathan Edwards at Home and Abroad, 2003)
- Member of Edith Wharton Society
- The Conference on Christianity and Literature
- The Modern Language Association.