Early Childhood Education
What is the Definition of Early Childhood Education (ECE)?
- Birth Through Third Grade (Our program is for those who prefer to teach the younger children, which is the foundation of all education.)
- Early Childhood Education involves the understanding of the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of the "whole" child.
Why is ECE a Growing Field?
- Principals want teachers with a Type 04 certifcate to teach Kindergarten and first grade because you are specialized in literacy, developmental milestones and language development.
- There is a growing need for Early Childhood Education teachers with endorsements in ESL or Special Education.
What Does Judson Offer in ECE SPECIAL Education?
- You can earn your B.A. with a Type 04 Certificate to teach in primary grades with the traditional or certificate only programs.
- Upon completion of the program you will be able to teach Preschool, Pre K, Kindergarten, and Grades 1-3.
What are students saying about Judson's ECE Program?
"The Early Childhood Education program is wonderful. You learn so much about the development of children and the small class size makes it very easy to learn."
Who should I contact about Judson's ECE Program?
Professor Patti Hutton
Professor of Early Childhood Education
If you love young children and do not want to teach fifth or sixth graders, then Early Childhood Education is for you!