Julene Ensign Profile
B.S. Kinesiology, University of Illinois
M.S. Therapeutic Kinesiology, University of Illinois
Ph.D. in Kinesiology, in progress, University of Illinois
After teaching in the Exercise and Sport Science department for many years as an Adjunct Professor, Julene is now an Assistant Professor at Judson. In addition to her teaching experience, Julene also has worked in the sport management and personal training industries. She is a licensed K-12 physical educator, and is currently completing her Ph.D. in Kinesiology through the University of Illinois.
Outside of Judson, Julene and her husband, Eric, have 3 school-aged children. Her interests include sports, running, biking, gardening, and spending time with her family. She is also actively involved in her local church with her husband where they serve as small group leaders and at the local elementary and middle school where they are involved in PTA.
Expertise / Involvements
Exercise Program Design and Management.
Professional Societies or Affiliations
- American Council on Exercise Certified Personal Trainer
- American Red Cross Lay Responder Certified in CPR, AED and 1st Aid
- Illinois K-12 licensed Physical Educator
- American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, & Dance (AAHPERD)
- Illinois Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Dance (IAHPERD)
- National Recreation and Parks Association (NRPA)
- Illinois Parks and Recreation Association (IPRA)