Student Social Media Contest
"I am ___ and I will be a world leader."
Current Judson Students have been invited to enter to win a ticket to the VIP Event in downtown Chicago, where they will meet Condoleezza Rice! The contest began February 1 and ended February 24. The contest winner will be announced February 26. For full contest instructions, see below.
Though this contest offers an opportunity to meet an influential world leader like Condoleezza Rice, this contest is really about casting a vision for the future. We want to know how students plan to be an agent of change in their world, using their education and their faith to make a difference in their community. Social media is a great place to start that conversation and offer each other support as they work hard to achieve their goals.
Definition of world changer/leader: a person who unites their faith, their education, and their talent to meet the needs of their community.
1. Make a clearly legible sign (handwritten or computer generated) that reads, "I am ___ and I will be a world leader." Fill in the blank with your name. (If you don't feel comfortable proclaiming "I will be a world leader," feel free to get creative with the phrase!)
2. Then take a photo of yourself with your sign. If you're not a fan of selflies, have a friend take it of you. Please make sure we can clearly see your sign and your face.
3. Upload your photo to your social media account of choice
(Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram - or all three if you're feeling generous!)
- First, tag the contest and WLF social media. Use the hashtag #JUWorldLeader, as well as the World Leaders Forum twitter handle @JudsonU_WLF, and/or tag the WLF page on Facebook.
- Second, caption the photo with a series of hashtags (you can make them up!) that explain your vision for your leadership. (Examples: #futuredoctor #iamthefutureofmedicine #socialentrepreneur #socialjusticestoryteller #designforsocialjustice #storieschangetheworld)
4. How we will use these photos:
- Retweet them if they're on twitter and/or Instagram
- Gather them in a photo album on the WLF Facebook page and on our WLF website.
- Choose a winner of the contest to receive a free ticket to the World Leaders Forum VIP event as a reward.
Contest Run: January 27 – February 24
Panel Selection: February 25
Winner Announcement: February 26
Contact Judson's Social Media Manager: