Discover the Judson University Advantage
Judson University received affirmation from two independent agencies telling the administration something it has known for a long time. First, after months of meetings, reports and an intensive site visit, the Higher Learning Commission gave full accreditation to the University for the next 10 years without any conditions. According to the Higher Learning Commission Site Team, the Judson community's "faith and commitment to its mission may well be unprecedented in the experiences of members of the site visit team."
This year, Judson continued to be listed in the Top Tier of Baccalaureate Colleges in the Midwest in the U.S. News and World Report's Best Colleges Report. Both events demonstrate the many advantages Judson University offers its students.
Here is a list of Judson University advantages:
- Competitive Tuition Rate. Judson's tuition rate is 19 percent below the average private college tuition rate
- Substantial Financial Aid. More than 90 percent of Judson students receive financial aid.
- Many Scholarships. Scholarships are available for honors, academics, athletics, music, theatre and art.
- Small Class Size. 73 percent of the classes at Judson have less than 20 students in them. Fewer than 1 percent of our classes have 50 or more students in them.
- Outstanding Student to Faculty Ratio. Our student to faculty ratio is 7:1.
- Outstanding Academics Taught by Highly Qualified Faculty. 81 percent of all full-time faculty hold the doctoral degree or other highest appropriate degree in their field. Courses are taught by appropriately credentialed faculty, not graduate teaching assistants, with degrees from the top universities in the country, such as Cambridge, Yale, Vanderbilt, University of Virginia, Virginia Polytechnic, University of Delaware, University of Michigan, Boston University, North Carolina State, Texas Tech, UC—Berkeley, University of Hawaii, University of Florida, University of Notre Dame, and others. Judson consistently ranks in the Top Tier of Amerca's Best Colleges in U.S. News and World Report.
- Global Opportunity. Judson offers more than 25 different options for spending a semester off campus or studying abroad, including such places as England, China, Japan, Russia, Egypt, Uganda, Germany, The Netherlands, Austria, Australia, Costa Rica, and Spain. Moreover, nearly 4 percent of our traditional student body are international students and 40 percent of our full-time faculty have extensive international experience by virtue of being born and raised in another country or having lived abroad for an extended period of time.
- Location, Location, Location. Located in a beautiful wooded setting along the banks of the Fox River, Judson is just minutes away from the world class city of Chicago.
Why Attend a Private University?
There are many advantages to attending a private university over the public options. From restoring higher ideals to learning, to higher volunteerism rates, to higher graduation rates, independent universities offer great opportunities for their students. Check out some articles and studies to learn more!