The candidate must: (1) live and volunteer within the greater Elgin community (Elgin, East Dundee,Carpentersville, Sleepy Hollow, South Elgin, Schaumburg, St. Charles, Bartlett, Hoffman Estates, Barrington, Wayne, Streamwood, Hanover Park, Plato Center, Gilberts); (2) be nominated by a co-worker, relative or friend through the nomination form; (3) be able to attend the May 8, 2013 Judson University Community Prayer Breakfast. Nominees will receive a complimentary ticket for the event, but registration is required.
Deadline: Nominations must be received by April 26, 2013.
(1) Please submit your nomination online (preferred) or download the print form.
(2) Past award recipients are not eligible to receive the award. Previous nominees may be re-nominated, however, a current 2013 nomination must be submitted for consideration (see past recipients below in the right column).
(3) Submit your nomination online or mail to:
Judson University, ATTN: Mary Dulabaum, 1151 N. State St., Elgin, IL 60123
Last Year's Recipient
2012 D. Ray Wilson Service Award Winner:
Edward Hunter has volunteered for years with many organizations and worked as chaplain for Provena St. Joseph Hospital. Now he serves as Regional Vice President of Mission Services at Provena St. Joseph Hospital and Provena Mercy Medical Center. He was founding board member of the Greater Elgin Family Care Center and has continued to serve as volunteer chaplain for Fox Valley Hospice and the Elgin Police Department. He also is a board member of the Illinois Eye Bank and Midwest Eye Bank and serves on the Salvation Army’s Advisory Council and the Coalition of Elgin Religious Leaders. Edward is a member of the Northern Illinois Critical Incident Debrief Team, the Elgin’s Care for the Underserved Coalition, the Aurora Primary Care Consortium and volunteers for the Community Crisis Center and Kane County Health Department. His years of volunteering and service have been recognized through several awards.
Please complete the following information:
Nominee Contact Information:
Address: City: Zip:
Please provide the following information about your nominee.
1. How long have you known the nominee?
2. Where has the nominee volunteered?
3. How long has the nominee volunteered for the organization(s)?
4. Please explain the scope of their service.
5. Who has benefitted from their service?
6. How has their service contributed to the greater good of the community?
7. Please list significant achievements of the nominee (please provide sources if necessary).
8. List past or present positions of leadership or responsibility.
9. Provide any additional information that you feel would be essential for the Prayer Breakfast Committee to know about the nominee.