Persons with Disabilities
Individuals who need assistance during an evacuation should identify and discuss with someone, in advance, who might assist them in leaving the building and/or who will inform emergency personnel of their presence and where they are located so that further assistance can be provided.
Persons with disabilities should inform their building captain of their regular presence in the building. Facility managers provide information to emergency personnel and first responders during emergencies on campus. Building captain names and contact information can be found at the Judson University website, www.JudsonU.edu.
In case of Building Evacuation (Fire Alarm, Chemical Spill, Bomb Threat, etc...)
- EXIT the building immediately using the most direct route.
- If unable to do so on your own – Ask for assistance to the nearest EXIT or room near a stairway with a window. Note the room number.
- Ask someone leaving the building to notify emergency personnel of your location so that you can get the assistance you need.
- If a phone is available, call 911. Answer all the 911 operator’s questions and the police dispatcher will relay your location to first responders.
To Shelter in Place (Tornado, Severe Weather, Building Intruder, etc...)
- Seek shelter in a room with no windows, on the interior of the building if possible and take note of the room number.
- Call 911. Answer all the 911 operator’s questions and the police dispatcher will relay your location to first responders.
Note: Lindner Tower has a Rescue Assistance area on each floor in both stairwells. If you need assistance proceed to this location and press the intercom button. Remain at this location until emergency personnel come to your aid. For more information about persons with disabilities and planning for emergency situations, visit: www.JudsonU.edu.