Master of Education with ESL/Bilingual Endorsement Program Graduates will:
- Know the student:Masters candidates will gain a thorough knowledge of the intellectual, social, and emotional characteristics of students and the impact of these characteristics on students' learning.
- Know Strategies: Masters candidates will gain a working knowledge of strategies, based on the research on effective teaching. This knowledge will guide teachers in planning and presenting instruction, managing the learning environment, and assessing student learning.
- Know the Subject: Masters candidates will gain an understanding of the current research in their content areas so that instruction, assessment, and technology integration decisions can be made to reflect integration with other disciplines and real life experiences.
- Know the School and System: Masters candidates will gain an understanding of the laws affecting teaching practices, students, and schools, including familiarity with state standards, school board functions, administrative issues, and terminology impacting classroom practices and community interactions.
- Know Society: Masters candidates will gain an understanding and appreciation of the role of the parent/guardian, family, school, and community in developing and maintaining collaborative relationships to support students' learning and well-being.