This portfolio comprises one part of the assessment of candidates in the Master of Education Program with ESL/Bilingual Endorsement. Its purpose is to increase reflection and provide a record of the teacher's growth.
Preparation of Portfolios
Master of Education Program with ESL/Bilingual Endorsement students are to prepare a portfolio as follows:
- Use a 3-ring binder with five tabs, one for each of the five Graduate Outcomes.
- Select a minimum of three artifacts for each of the five sections. These should be products created for and evaluated in the courses you have completed for the Master of Education Program with ESL/Bilingual Endorsement . Select artifacts that reflect and substantiate your achievement of the learning outcomes (i.e., your "best work") in those courses.
- Place the artifacts in the appropriate section.
- Write a reflection statement for each "Know" section of the Graduate Outcomes, explaining why the artifacts were included in that section, and delineating how the learning achieved or demonstrated as a result of those artifacts relates to the specific learning outcomes of that section.
- Note: Write only one narrative statement per section, discussing all artifacts in that section.
Evaluation of Portfolios
Portfolios are due no later than the day of the graduate student's Action Research presentation. The Dean of the School of Education will review the portfolio and evaluate it based on the following criteria:
Meets Expectations - Reflection statements show evidence of growth in knowledge and/or strategies as a result of the Program, and are appropriately supported by accompanying artifacts.
Does Not Meet Expectations - Reflection statements do not satisfactorily show evidence of growth in knowledge and/or strengths as a result of the Program.This evaluation will comprise part of the assessment for EDU630 Action Research which is a pass/fail course.
This evaluation will comprise part of the assessment for EDU630 Action Research which is a pass/fail course.