Welcome from the Dean
Welcome to the School of Business and Professional Studies. When it comes to Judson University things worth noting include: We are a Christian institution offering undergraduate and graduate students opportunities in a wide variety of subjects. These are provided in small classes, often interdisciplinary, on two primary campuses, Elgin and Rockford, as well as online. The mission of the School of Business and Professional Studies is based on Matthew 5:13-14. We desire to shape students to become persons of integrity, who effectively and compassionately serve their professions and communities.
We accomplish this through:
Using God’s Word as our foundation;
Applying theory in our educational practice;
Encouraging lifelong learning;
Being committed to student-focused instruction; and by
Aspiring to be salt and light.
Here are some additional specifics:
Those are exciting and valuable features. However, the bottom line of what we do is help you take significant steps toward your potential.You will determine purpose, develop skills and establish action plans. You will learn how to distinguish between paths of value and paths of frustration. You will further develop both your professional and personal networks. All of these will not only contribute to you becoming a life-long learner, but also assist you in enhancing your work, your organizations, society and your work-life balance. As with all of Judson, we want to shape lives that will shape the world.
- Our focus is on real-world application. Although research plays an important role in the educational process, if students cannot take learning into where they work, we have missed the mark.
- Although our standards are high, our approach is on how you will succeed, not what rigors we can impose. We want to work with you in successfully developing a HOW way of thinking instead of an IF state of mind.
- Our faculty is experienced, professional and caring. You have access to them, the program directors and the dean. You are not a number.
- We offer degree programs in traditional undergraduate, adult undergraduate and graduate studies.
- We offer face-to-face, online and blended courses.
- Our adult undergraduate and graduate programs meet one night per week.
If you have questions, concerns or suggestions, please contact me directly. I would be thrilled to meet with you.
Dr. David L. Cook
Dean, School of Business and Professional Studies