Presidential Search Committee
The executive committee of the Judson University Board of Trustees announces the appointment of a presidential search committee which will lead the effort in selecting the university's sixth president. The 13-member committee is comprised of representatives from the board of trustees, faculty, staff, alumni, and students.
- Rev. Dr. Nathaniel Edmond is pastor of Second Baptist Church of Elgin. He has served as a trustee for Judson University for eight years. Prior to serving as pastor, he spent 31 years with Alcoa Aluminum.
- Rev. Dr. Randy Gauger is pastor of First Baptist Church of Champaign at Savory, IL. He is a 1969 alum of Judson University and has been a trustee for 16 years.
- Dr. Karen Maudlin is an Executive Coach/Clinical Psychologist for over 20 years and is owner of a family practice, Maudlin & Associates in Wheaton, IL. She is also an author and has been a trustee for five years.
- Mr. Kevin Noe is a retired businessman and a 1979 alum of Judson University. Kevin has been a trustee for five years.
- Mr. John Shales is a founding partner of Shales McNutt Construction. John has been a trustee for three years.
- Mrs. Fran Street is a former missionary in Scotland and a college-level English Instructor. She is a current parent of one Judson University student and has been a trustee for 13 years.
- Mr. Bruce Strom is the Executive Director of Administer Justice in Elgin, IL, a not for profit legal aid organization. He is a 1987 alum of Judson University and has been a trustee for eight years.
- Mrs. Carol Thompson is the Executive Vice President/Publisher at Christianity Today International in Carol Stream, IL. Carol is a 1977 alum of Judson University, been a trustee for 13 years and is the current Chair of the Board.
- Mr. John Potter has served as the Controller/Director of Accounting at Judson during the past twelve years with prior experience in multiple for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. John is a long-standing member of Bethel Baptist Church in Schaumburg, IL.
- Stephanie Belokon is the student representative on Judson's presidential search committee. A senior and Ohio Hall Resident Assistant, Stephanie is an American Red Cross Board member and active in Caza de Luz, a Sunday school for bilingual children at Willow Creek Community Church.
- Dr. Patrick Alden is a tenured professor in the School of Leadership and Business. He has been in the Business Department of Judson University for 21 years. Prior to coming to Judson University Dr. Alden was a Business Manager and Management Instructor in Corporate Education and Training for AT&T.
- Dr. Jhennifer Amundson is a tenured professor in the School of Art Design & Architecture. She has been in the Architecture Department for 11 years. She is engaged with work on architect Thomas U. Walter with plans for a book.
- Dr. Robert Wallace is Associate Professor in Biblical and Theological Studies at Judson University. He has completed two years here. Prior to coming to Judson he served as director of International Programs and Assistant Professor of Religion at Shorter College in Rome, GA.
The executive search firm, SIMA International, has been engaged to assist the search committee in the process. Dr. Tommy Thomas, Managing Director, and Laura Coverstone, Director of Operations, will be working closely with the committee in a nationwide search. Periodic updates from the committee will be made to the campus community.