Master of Leadership in Ministry
The Master of Leadership in Ministry program at Judson University is an accelerated, innovative, cohort-based program designed to educate, equip, and empower scholar-leaders for vocational ministry in churches and other ministry organizations. Admission to the program will be offered to the applicant whose overall profile demonstrates the ability to succeed in and contribute to both this graduate degree program and future ministry, based on the person’s prior and current ministry involvement and a review of the following application materials.
- Application form – completed, signed, and dated.
- Completed survey: "Am I Ready for the Master of Leadership in Ministry Program?"
- Application fee of $35.
- Two letters of reference from ministry leaders. Letters should speak to the character and Christian maturity of the applicant as well as the applicant’s potential for ministry leadership. At least one should be from your place of ministry leadership involvement.
- Official signed and sealed transcripts of all college and graduate work. A grade point of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale is preferred.
- An undergraduate degree in Christian Ministries or a related field is preferred but not required. For those with non-ministry related undergraduate degrees, please submit a detailed list of formal and non-formal learning experiences for each of the following areas: (Seminars, conferences, individual courses, books….)
- Theology and Biblical History and Interpretation
- Leadership and Administration
- Teaching and Speaking
- Spiritual Formation, Mentoring, and Discipleship
- Social Science Foundations: Culture and Human Development
- Typewritten, double-spaced essay (not to exceed 500 words) describing your purpose and goals for pursing the Master of Leadership in Ministry.
The whole of the above will be considered regardless of any particular strengths or weaknesses within a single component.
MLM Application Form
MLM Am I Ready Survey
Print application packets for admission to the Master of Leadership in Ministry program can also be obtained by contacting the administrative assistant for the Department of Christian Ministries at Judson University at (847) 628-1124 or Deborah.Sanders@Judsonu.edu.
Completed applications and all materials should be mailed or delivered to the Director of the Master of Leadership in Ministry program with all of the ancillary materials provided in full. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org. Mailing Address: Judson University, Dr. Keith Krispin, Director—Master of Leadership in Ministry, 1151 N. State Street, Elgin, IL, 60123.
NOTICE OF DECISION
Decisions regarding admission are determined by the Director of the Master of Leadership in Ministry program and the Department of Christian Ministries. Applicants will be notified by mail regarding their application status once the application and all ancillary materials are submitted and have been reviewed. Questions regarding application status may be directed to the administrative assistant for the Department of Christian Ministries by calling (847) 628-1124 or at Deborah.Sanders@Judsonu.edu.
- A completed application form
- A BA from Judson's Department of Christian Ministries or its equivalent from a regionally accredited Christian college or university. (Applicants with a non-ministry BA may demonstrate competencies in key prerequisite areas during the application process by describing how other learning and ministry experiences have developed these competencies outside of a degree program. Some deficiencies may be remediated through taking the appropriate undergraduate courses or completing reading response papers for assigned texts).
- One year of prior ministry leadership experience (For alumni of CM Dept. majors, the required practicums and internship in the BA will satisfy this requirement).
- Ministry Leadership Involvement: 20 hours per week during the program.
- Official transcripts with a bachelor‘s degree showing a grade-point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Two letters of reference from pastors and/or other professionals in Christian ministry leadership
- Personal essay describing the applicant’s ministry experiences, current ministry involvement, and reasons for pursuing graduate studies
- Access to high-speed internet