Master of Architecture Admissions
Admission into the Master of Architecture program at Judson University requires:
Successful completion of the Judson University B.A.in Architecture or equivalent.
- A summary undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- A cumulative architecture course GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- A comprehensive portfolio of academic, creative and professional work.
- A letter of intent stating the applicant's abilities and professional aspirations.
- A complete Judson University M.Arch application form.
- A letter of support from the Judson University Department of Architecture faculty or three (3) letters of recommendation if the applicant completed their undergraduate degree elsewhere.
- Written acceptance by the Graduate Dean in consultation with the Graduate Council.
- GRE scores submitted.
The complete application is due by February 15 for fall semester priority enrollment, July 1 for fall semester late enrollment or November 15 for spring semester enrollment. Applicants are notified by March 31, August 15 or December 31, respectively, of their application status.
*Note: Criteria for entry into the Judson University graduate year are:
Applicants who have completed a B.A. or B.S. degree in Architecture or another field from another regionally accredited institution may apply to the graduate program following the above application requirements. In addition, the applicant must take the GRE and have results submitted to the registrar's office. The applicant must also provide three letters of recommendation from those familiar with their academic and/or professional work with their application. In most cases, these applicants will be expected to complete "preparatory courses" as designated by the Architecture Department, which satisfy NAAB and departmental mission requirements for the professional degree. An interview with the department chair is required in conjunction with the application. These applications will be considered on a case by case basis collectively by the Department Chair and the Graduate Council/Graduate Dean.
The whole of the above will be considered regardless of the particular strengths or weaknesses of any single component.
Application to the Architecture Program
Please submit to Architecture Graduate Admissions Coordinator- Office of Admissions, 1151 N. State Street - Elgin, IL 60123