Tuition cost for the Master of Education in Literacy program is established each year as a package price that includes educational materials needed for all courses, membership (or renewal) in the state reading organization (Illinois Reading Council), and all fees associated with the Judson University Literacy Conference.
Tuition for the 2016-2017 Cohort will be $17,775.00.
The options available for tuition payment are outlined below*. Details may be discussed with the Student Accounts Office by calling (847) 628-2055:
- Full Payment: Tuition may be paid in full, on or before the start of the program, with a single payment of $17,750.
- Tuition may be divided into three billable terms (summer, fall, and spring) with $5,917 due before the start of terms 1 + 2 and $5916 due before the start of term 3.
- Tuition Deferment Payment (TDP)**: A payment plan may be set up to spread payments out on a monthly basis. An additional fee is required for this plan.
- Employer Tuition Reimbursement Plan (ETRP)**: Students receiving employer tuition reimbursement may set up a customized ETRP. An additional fee is required for this plan.
**Students must contact the Office of Student Accounts at 847-628-2055 prior to enrollment in order to set up a TDP or ETRP.
The only other fee associated with the Master of Education in Literacy program is the application fee of $40.00.
- Refund - a credit entered on a student's account to reduce the amount of charges.
- Drop - refers to cancellation of registration for individual classes.
- Withdrawal - refers to cancellation of registration to all classes for a specific term.
Tuition Refund for Withdrawal
Students who withdraw from the University must file a withdrawal form with the Registrar's Office. Such formal notice will establish the withdrawal date. If a student withdraws without notification, Judson University will determine a withdrawal date. Refunds will be granted per the following schedules:
Tuition Refund for Dropping a Class
There is no refund for an individual class that is dropped within the program.
The Masters of Education in Literacy program covers a period of approximately 13 months or 56 weeks. Tuition refunds for withdrawal from the Masters of Education in Literacy program:
- Prior to the first class meeting of the program - 100% of the Program Cost
- Prior to the beginning of the fifth week of the program - 75% of the Program Cost
- Prior to the beginning of the eighteenth week of the program - 50% of the Program Cost
- Prior to the beginning of the thirtieth week of the program - 25% of the Program Cost
- Any subsequent withdrawals - $0
Tuition refunds will be calculated on the Program Cost charge only; there will be no per class or hourly rate refund. There will be no refund for an individual course that is dropped.