Students With Disabilities
Under the American Disabilities Act, (ADA) all student seeking
special educational accommodations must provide current notice of
the restricting condition to he college. All Clinician reports must
be performed while you are an adult age (over the age of 18). The
university may not accept Individual Education Plans (IEP's) from
High School as current valid documentation under the ADA guidelines
since students are identified as minors and children under the age
of 18 while receiving IEP (K-12) services.
Colleges and universities are only required to accommodate a
student's disability if the relevant school personnel are aware
that the student has a current disability and the student has
publicly stated their disability. If you seek a reasonable
educational accommodation at Judson University, we must request
current proof of your disability.
The most effective way to show that you are entitled to
reasonable ADA accommodations in the current school term is to:
- Obtain a letter from a trained, licensed medical
professional/clinician who is familiar with you and your type of
disability and has completed applicable, supporting diagnostic
tests that validate the specific disability.
- Obtain a licensed clinician's summary letter outlining the
disability, test results and any confirmed, possible limitations to
learning, and reasonable academic accommodations in order to meet
the needs of the post-secondary coursework.
- Under ADA, reasonable accommodations or minor academic
adjustments my include the following sample based on diagnostic
- Allowable recording devices for class lectures
- Assigned note takers
- Audio book
- Extended time on tests (not to exceed time and 1/2)
- Testing in a quiet testing room
- Use of calculators (for Dyscalculia)
- Sign Language Interpreters for academic coursework
- The documentation must reflect your abilities and limitations
at the academic Post-Secondary level at the time you request the
- Please note: The post-secondary school does not have to make
changes or adjustments that fundamentally alter the academic
prescribed coursework or graduation requirements under ADA.
Therefore, in order to receive accommodations at Judson
University, please seek updated documentation from the medical
professional(s) who has most recently treated and performed
diagnostic tests for your disability while over the age of 18.
Please send or fax all documentation to the Judson University
Registrar, Ginny Guth email@example.com before
the start of the term.