Twelve semester hours is the minimum enrollment load to be classified as full time. Less than 12 hours is classified as part time: 9, 10 or 11 semester hours is three-quarter time; six, seven or eight semester hours is half time; fewer than six semester hours is less than half time.
Enrollment for more than 18 semester hours constitutes an overload and is permitted only for students with a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher. Exceptions must be approved by the registrar or designee. Hourly rate tuition is charged for overloads. Some services provided by students are awarded a semester credit hour but are not included in the credit hour count for overload. Examples are: Peer Tutoring Seminar, Communications Workshop, and several musical ensembles.
Year in university
Students are classified according to the credit hours they have accumulated.
|Semester Hours ||Classification |
|0-27.99 ||Freshmen |
|28-59.99 ||Sophomores |
|60-89.99 ||Juniors |
|90 or more ||Seniors |
- "Undergraduate:" includes students who have not earned a Bachelor's degree.
- "Graduate:" includes university/college graduates who are pursuing a masters degree.
- "Post Graduate Students:" include Judson University graduates who are working toward a 2nd major or certificate; or other degreed students who are preparing for the Graduate program.
- 000-099 No Credit (not applied to graduation) and/or pre-university courses
- 100-199 Freshman level
- 200-299 Sophomore level
- 300-399 Junior level - open to freshmen only by approval
- 400-499 Senior level - not open to freshmen
- 500-599 Graduate level - not open to underclassmen
- 600-699 Graduate level - not open to underclassmen
Non-immigrant international students must follow the regulations of the Immigration and Naturalization Service. These include, but are not limited to: continuing as a full-time student and not accepting off-campus employment without authorization from the designated school official and, when required, the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service. Applications for admission and additional information are available from the Office of Enrollment Services.