- 40% of major requirements must be completed at Judson.
- 40% of major requirements must be upper division.
- No grade lower than C- accepted for major requirements.
- Architecture courses are sequential. Therefore, students must successfully pass a course with a minimum of C- to meet the prerequisite of the next course in the sequence. Example: ARC231 must be passed in order to take ARC232, and ARC251 must be passed in order to be eligible to take ARC252, and so on throughout the curriculum.
- Students may take up to 6 credits of Graduate electives as an undergraduate, once they are seniors in credits earned.
- Minimum major GPA of 2.50 required.
Architecture Course Listing
Gen Eds required by major (non-degree students) :
- ART111 or DES121 also fulfill Gen Ed Visual & Performing Arts Requirement
- HIS261 History of Civilization I
- PHY237 General Physics I w/Lab
- MAT211 Functions and Calculus or MAT215 Calculus w/Analytic Geometry I
Specific Overall Requirements for Architecture:
- 130 semester hours
- 2.5 GPA
Required = 1 hour
- ARC101 Shop Stewardship Materials and Processes
Required = 18 hours
- ARC222 Construction Tectonics and Assemblies
- ARC310 Digital Design Simulation
- ARC321 Theories of Environmental Stewardship
- ARC322 Advanced Construction Tectonics and Assemblies
- ARC421 Environmental Technology II
- ARC422 Environmental Technology III
Required = 15 hours
- ARC231 History of Architecture I
- ARC232 History of Architecture II
- ARC331 History of Architecture after the Industrial Revolution
- ARC332 Architecture of Cities
- PHL260 Introduction to Philosophy
Required = 8 hours
- ARC341 Theories of Architectural Structures
- ARC441 Advanced Architectural Structures
DESIGN (STUDIO) COURSES
Required = 38 hours
- ART111 Drawing I
- DES121 Design I
- ARC122 Communication and Architectonics
- ARC251 Heuristics and Architectonics
- ARC252 Architectural Design Explorations
- ARC351 Intermediate Architecture Design Studies
- ARC352 Elective Architecture Design Studies
- ARC451 Integrative Architectural Design Studies I
- ARC452 Integrative Architectural Design Studies II
Required = 5 hours
- ARC381 Architectural Study Tour
Required = 1 hour
- ARC462 Preceptorship Preparation
Required = 3 hours (electives)
NOTE: Any combination of 300 or 400 level courses are acceptable. ART211 and/or ART223 are also acceptable, but not required. EXCLUDES GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS.
- ART211 Drawing II
- ART223 Darkroom Photography I
- ANY 300 or 400 Level Course
TOTAL REQUIRED: 89 Semester Hours