Department Vision and Mission
To represent the church within the profession of Art & Design. We are a Christ-centered community of artists and designers who appreciate diversity, embrace critical and creative excellence, develop visual and spacial imagination, and model stewardship and hope in service to local and global communities.
The vision of the Department of Art and Design is to provide coursework, studio work, and internships to prepare majors to:
- Work professionally in their chosen field.
- Gain admission to related graduate programs, where appropriate.
- Pursue appropriate professional training and life-long learning.
- Integrate the arts with the liberal arts and with their Christian values.
- The department, through scheduled exhibitions and activities, is also committed to the development of a widening aesthetic appreciation in all Judson students.
The majors offered in the department are: Fine Arts Studio, General Art and Visual Communications.