Division of Professional Studies Undergrad Catalog - Admissions - Transfer Policies | Judson University Christian College

Transfer Policy

Transfer students must submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended to the Judson University Registrar. Students transferring courses from institutions outside of the U.S. must submit an official World Evaluation Services (W.E.S.) or American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) evaluation.

Most college level courses earning a grade of C- or better will transfer from a regionally accredited college and/or university. The transfer of courses that are vocational or technical will be limited to 18 credit hours and will apply only as elective credit. A vocational or technical course may be transferred if it meets the rigor and requirements of courses offered at Judson University. Courses taken through an unaccredited college will be reviewed by the Registrar. Remedial courses will not transfer. The University reserves the right to accept only courses that are equivalent in content and objectives to those offered at Judson.

Grades for transfer courses are calculated in the summary GPA for determining qualification for graduation with honors, class rank, the honors programs, and athletic eligibility.

Transfer students who have completed an Associates of Arts or Science and/or a Bachelor’s degree prior to matriculation from a currently regionally accredited college or university with a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher will be deemed to have completed all General Education course requirements for graduation. Applied Associates degrees will not fulfill the general education course requirements.

In order for transfer credit from any institution to be recognized by Judson University, all official transcripts from all previously attended institutions must be on file in the Registrar's Office. Credit hours listed on personal and/or unofficial transcripts will not be counted toward graduation.

If CLEP/DSST tests were taken at another college and/or university and the student wishes to receive credit, the student must request that an official score report be sent to the Registrar's Office for evaluation. CLEP/DSST credits will not be transferred to Judson University from other colleges and/or university transcripts as each institution has different standards for awarding credit for CLEP/DSST testing. Additional information regarding CLEP/DSST tests can be found in the Course Work section under Alternative Credit in the Adult Undergraduate catalog.

If Military Experience the student must submit a copy of their DD214 and official transcripts for the particular branch in which they served. You can request these by contacting:

  • Air Force:Community College of the Air Force www.maxwell.af.mil/au/ccaf/transcripts.asp
  • Army, Army National Guard, Army Reserve: AARTS transcript, 913-684-3269913-684-3269
  • Coast Guard: 405-954-7241405-954-7241
  • Navy or Marine Corps: SMARTS transcripts, 877-253-7122877-253-7122

To request official transcripts from other colleges and universities previously attended, you will need to contact, in writing, each of the institutions and request that official transcripts be sent to the Registrar's Office.

Institutional credit not disclosed in the application process will not be reviewed or awarded credit if it is not received by the end of the first course taken at Judson.

If transfer courses do not fulfill a general education course requirement or transfer as elective credit, it may mean that the course(s) that were taken may not meet the requirements to transfer to Judson University. The course(s) may be considered for credit if the student submits a course description(s) for the course(s) in question from the transfer college catalog that was in effect when the course(s) were taken. Transfer coursework that received a grade of pass (P) or satisfactory (S) will not transfer. Course descriptions that are not submitted by the end of the first program course will not be evaluated or awarded credit.

Students who have matriculated to Judson University must complete an application for advanced course approval and include course descriptions for the course(s) in which are seeking approval. The student must secure approval from both the academic advisor and the Registrar's Office before registering for a course at another institution. This procedure is for the student’s protection. Failure to follow this procedure of prior approval will result in non-transferable credit. After earning 90 semester hours, a maximum of 10 semester hours may be transferred and applied to degree requirements. Students can not transfer any coursework in the semester that they plan on graduating. Additional information regarding graduation requirements can be found in the Graduation Requirements section of the Adult Undergraduate catalog.

The time limit appeal of a course evaluation upon matriculation to Judson University is 30 days.

Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI)

Judson University is a participating institution in IAI. The IAI was designed to help Illinois college students transfer easily. All participating colleges and universities agreed to accept an IAI general education "package" for transfer students in place of the institution's own general education requirements. In addition to the IAI, Judson has established specific articulation agreements with several local institutions to help ensure a smooth transition for transfer students: BIR Training Center, College Consortium, Computer Systems Institute, Elgin Community College, Harper College, Kishwaukee College, McHenry County College, Rockford Career College, Rock Valley College and Waubonsee Community College.

Conversion Policy

Courses are offered based on the semester-hour system. Whenever students take courses at another university or college that is using the quarter-hour credit system, the following policy governs the number of credit hours that will transfer to Judson. Quarter hours convert to semester hours at the rate of 1 quarter hour = 2/3 semester hour. Divide number of quarter hours by .67.

5 Quarter Hrs. = 3.35, 4 Quarter Hrs. = 2.68, 3 Quarter Hrs. = 2.01, 2 Quarter Hrs. = 1.34, 1 Quarter Hr. = .67.

A course from another university or college using the quarter-hour system may be approved to fulfill a general education requirement. However, students must be aware that the conversion formula may affect the student fulfilling the required 126 degree hours for the BA degree.

Judson University, Shaping Lives that Shape the World