Liberal Arts Program
The liberal arts program has been designed for those who have few or no college credit hours and would like to fulfill their general education requirements before beginning a major in the Center for Adult and Professional Studies.
The Liberal Arts program equips students to complete their general education requirements and to address Judson's educational goals:
- Embrace Christian ethics for lifelong growth and behavior, model personal commitment to Christ and the church, and articulate that faith.
- Practice wellness from a Christian stewardship perspective and make responsible lifestyle choices that lead to optimal health and vitality.
- Appreciate the development, values and limitations of their own and other cultures through personal integration and communication.
- Engage the complexity of human personality and behavior, developing balanced and critical self-awareness, and demonstrating sensitivity in interpersonal relationships.
- Develop widening aesthetic appreciation, discernment and expression, including an understanding of the creative processes.
- Acquire critical and creative thinking abilities, read and listen perceptively, and write and speak effectively and responsibly.
- Develop analytical, research, and problem-solving skills using appropriate mathematics, logic, technology, and scientific methods.
- Embrace the Christian life, as ethical and redemptive servants, leaders and stewards.
- Acquire competencies in a major field and skills for lifelong learning.
- Core Requirements
1 LDB101 Principles of Adult Learning
1 LDB223 Developing Effective Study and Work Skills
1 GEN101 Faith and Learning I
4 COM101 Effective Communication I
4 COM102 Effective Communication II
3 SSC211 Contemporary Issues in Psychology
3 CRP101 Foundations of the Spiritual Life
4 ART210 Visual Culture
3 ENG267 Literature, Life, and Ideas
3 SSC263 The City in History: Chicago
4 SCM101 Scientific Ideas that Impact the 21st Century
1 GEN102 Faith and Learning II
3 ENG225 Literature of Spirituality
2 COM111 Business Writing
3 SPC230 Business Presentations
3 SPC322 Group Discussions
3 LDB226 Leading Groups and Teams
1 LDB232 Decision Making Strategies
1 LDB122 Developing Your LIfe Mission