The major in organizational leadership has been designed for those involved in both for-profit and not-for-profit environments. The organizational leadership skills learned and applied during the program include: leading people to create and achieve a common goal, communicating clearly and professionally, developing and following an ethical decision making model, and thinking creatively to solve problems and make logical decisions in a business environment. The major in organizational leadership has been designed for those involved in both for-profit and not-for-profit environments.
The major in organizaitonal leadership is available in both face-to-face and online formats.
The Organizational Leadership major equips students to:
- Lead people to create and achieve a common goal.
- Effectively manage goal achievement through planning, organization, leading and controlling.
- Communicate clearly and professionally in both oral and written form.
- Develop appropriate business practices and communication skills in a global environment.
- Analyze financial aspects of a business.
- Identify appropriate technology to use in specific business contexts.
- Complete a business plan/proposal with supporting quantitative data.
- Develop and follow an ethical decision making model.
- Think creatively, solve problems, and make logical decisions in a business environment.
Organizational Leadership Major
Required = 48 Hours
- 3 BUS302 Critical Thinking, Research and Writing
- 3 BUS306 Strategic Management
- 3 BUS309 Interpersonal Effectiveness
- 3 BUS330 Managerial Budgeting and Accounting
- 3 BUS350 Technology Management
- 3 BUS374 Economics
- 3 BUS421 Leading Innovation
- 3 HRM351 Human Resource Management
- 3 MKT425 Marketing Analytics
- 3 ORL328 Diversity and Intergenerational Effectiveness
- 3 ORL340 Leading Change in Organizations
- 3 ORL345 Leadership Theory and Application
- 3 ORL442 Global Leadership
- 3 ORL326 Organizational Behavior and Development
- 3 BUS485 Business Capstone
- 3 LDB481 Faith and Life Issues