Interior Design Major with Architectural Studies Minor
- 40% of major requirements must be completed at Judson University.
- 40% of major requirements must be upper division.
- No grade lower than C- accepted for major requirements.
- Minimum Major GPA of 2.0 for all Interior Design Majors.
- 131 hours required for graduation
Gen Eds required by major (non-degreed students):
No specific gen eds required for this major.
Required = 6 courses, 17 hours
- ARC101 Shop Stewardship Materials and Processes
- ART111 Drawing I
- ART211 Drawing II
- DES121 Design I
- ARC122 Communication and Architectonics
- ARC222 Construction Tectonics and Assemblies
ARCHITECTURE FOR INTERIOR DESIGN
Required = 6 courses, 20 hours
- ARC231 History of Architecture I
- ART225 History of Art II
- ARC251 Heuristics and Architecture
- ARC252 Architectural Design Explorations
- ARC310 Digital Design Simulation
- ARC321 Theories of Environmental Stewardship
Required = 12 courses, 47 hours
- INT322 Building Systems
- INT323 Textiles, Materials and Sourcing
- INT324 Building Codes and Universal Design
- INT328 Case Studies in Construction Detail
- INT331 History of Interiors and Furnishing
- INT351 ID Studio I, Space Planning, Ergonomics
- INT352 ID Studio II, Residential, Kitchen, and Bath
- INT381 Interior Design Study Tour (summer)
- INT428 Case Studies in Lighting and Acoustics
- INT451 ID Studio III, Commercial Contract/Heathcare
- INT452 ID Studio IV, Integrative Design Thesis
Open Elective - 300 level or above any discipline
BUSINESS AND PRACTICE PREPARATION
Required = 2 courses, 6 hours
- BUS101 Introduction to Business
- INT462 Interior Design Professional Practice
Total Required Hours: 90