Judson University, a Four Year Christian College in Elgin near Chicago. The Church at Work in Higher Education.
  • Financial Aid

    FAFSA Forms

    To apply for financial aid, you must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You may apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov to receive the fastest service. You will need your previous year's tax statements to complete the form.

    By completing the FAFSA, you are applying for loans through the government. Student Loans are either subsidized (government pays the interest while the student is in school) or unsubsidized (student is responsible for the interest while in school). Subsidized loans are based upon a demonstrated financial need. Unsubsidized loans are available regardless of your income. Repayment on either of these loans starts six months after you graduate or drop below half-time status.

    When you complete the FAFSA, a report will be sent to Judson’s Financial Aid Office. Once the report has been received and you have been admitted into the Graduate Program, you will receive an award letter that outlines what aid you are eligible for. Questions regarding financial aid may be directed to the Financial Aid Office at 847-628-2532.

    Tuition Reimbursement

    Tuition Reimbursement is a benefit provided by some employers. You should discuss your options with your company's human resource office. Contact the Student Accounts Office at 847-628-2053 with specific questions regarding Judson’s tuition reimbursement policies.

    Payment Plan

    Tuition Deferment Plan (TDP) is a service that allows students to set up a monthly payment plan for a minimal charge, in which payments are spread out over the entire term. Contact the Office of Student Accounts at 847-628-2051 for more information.

    How to File for Financial Aid

    1. Apply for a pin number
      • www.pin.ed.gov 
      • You can apply for a PIN at any time.
      • Your PIN is considered your e-signature on the FAFSA.
      • Your pin will be mailed to you in a few weeks, or if you supply an email address your pin can be emailed to you in a few days.
      • For more information on what you can do with your pin refer to the website listed above.
    2. File the FAFSA
      • The FAFSA is available after January 1st.
      • You will want to file the FAFSA after you have completed the previous year’s taxes.
      • Be sure to list Judson University on the FAFSA using the federal code 001700 in step six.

      Approximately four to six weeks after filing the FAFSA you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) from the federal processor, listing the information you provided. If you provided an email address on the FAFSA you may receive the SAR via email. Review this information carefully. If corrections need to be made, go to www.fafsa.ed.gov or use Part 2 of the paper SAR to correct the information and send the signed SAR directly to the federal processor. IF the SAR indicates that you are selected for "verification", you will need to provide the Financial Aid office with a signed copy student's taxes and a Verification worksheet. 

    3. Receive an award letter
      • Watch for a Financial Aid Award letter to be sent to you. Remember you will need to be admitted before an award letter can be sent.

Judson University, Shaping Lives that Shape the World