Division of Professional Studies Undergrad Catalog - Finance - Financial Aid | Judson University Christian College

Financial Aid

The university has a strong financial aid program to help the student meet the costs of a Judson education. Funds are awarded in the form of grants, scholarships, loans, and earnings from work study employment. To apply for financial aid, the student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Through this form, they are applying for federal, state, and university aid. For more detailed information concerning the university's financial aid program, contact the Financial Aid Office (847-628-2027) for a brochure.

Federally Funded

Students enrolled at Judson are eligible to apply for grants, loans, and work study funded by the federal government. To be eligible, the student must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), demonstrate need, be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, be in compliance with selective service regulations, not be in default on a student loan nor owe a refund on a federal or state grant, carry at least six hours per semester and be making academic progress toward a degree. Disbursement of excess financial aid: Any credit on a student's account resulting from the posting of Financial aid (including Title IV funding) will remain on the student account until there is a written request by the student to have excess funds disbursed by check or direct deposit. Credit on account can be disbursed a minimum of 15 days after the term start date.


Certain armed forces veterans and dependents who qualify under federal laws administered by the Veteran's Administration are eligible to receive education benefits. Those who are eligible for Veterans Administration benefits should contact their county VA office or 1-888-GIBILL-1 for additional information regarding the veteran's program. It is the student's responsibility at the start of each student's program term to contact the Student Accounts Office to begin the enrollment verification process. Students in academic status other than good jeopardize the continuance of VA benefits. Veteran's verifications can not be completed and submitted until all outstanding debt is paid to the university. Students who receive veteran's benefits must report expected benefits on their FAFSA when submitting it to the Financial Aid Office.

Students who are eligible for Veterans Administration benefits should apply at their VA offices. The Judson VA Certifying Official certifies enrollment and reports any significant change in the student's status. Probationary status jeopardizes the continuance of such benefits. Questions may be directed to the Student Accounts Office.
Any student with pending payments from U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits will not be:

  • prevented from registering,
  • assessed late payment fees,
  • required to secure additional/alternate funding, or
  • denied access to any resources that are offered to paid-in-full students.

To qualify for this provision, student receiving benefits maybe required to:

  • produce the VA's Certificate of Eligibility by the first day of class,
  • provide written request to be certified, or
  • provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies (see our VA School Certifying Official for all requirements).

State Funded

Illinois Student Assistance Commission grants are awarded to eligible Illinois residents. Application for these grants is made through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Requirements are the same as those for federal funds. The Department of Rehabilitation Services (DORS) provides assistance for students with special needs. Application must be made to the DORS office


Financial Aid/Retention Policy

Financial aid may be retained as long as the student is meeting the academic standards for continuing at Judson, is making satisfactory progress toward a degree, and maintains eligibility for any specific award. Financial aid is subject to change based on a change in need as determined by the federal formula. Students who return after dismissal will be denied all aid-federal, state, and university until they have earned a grade point average, based on at least 12 hours, of 2.00 or higher, at any accredited university. Full-time students are expected to finish their degree requirements in eight semesters; however, a maximum of 10 semesters of institutional financial aid eligibility is allowed to cover special circumstances. Details of this policy are available in the Financial Aid Office.

Course Load

Students must carry at least six hours per semester to be eligible for any financial aid. Students must be full time (12 credit hours) for Judson aid.

Refund Policy

Financial aid which has been awarded to students who withdraw or are dismissed will be returned to the proper funds per a refund schedule which is consistent with current government regulations. This schedule is on file in the Financial Aid Office.

Annual Financial Reports

Annual financial reports of the university are available for review, on request, in the Business Affairs Office.

Student Success and Registrar's Office Staff

Virginia L. Guth
Vice President for Student Success and

University Registrar


Maria Aguirre
Academic Advisor - Adult Professional (BA) and Graduate


Casimiro Vela
Academic Advisor - Adult Professional (AA)


Caitlin Kiel
Assistant to the Registrar:
Catalog and Reporting


Kirsten Olson

Transfer Student Director


Jill A. Hargis
Graduation Advisor


Rebecca Huguley
Registrar's Office Coordinator
Transcript Orders and Enrollment Verifications


General Inquiries

Judson University, Shaping Lives that Shape the World