Undergraduate Catalog - Academic Policy - Transfer Policy | Judson University Christian College

Transfer Policy

Transfer students must submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended to the Judson University Registrar. Students transferring courses from institutions outside of the U.S. must submit an official World Evaluation Services (W.E.S.) or American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) evaluation.

Most college level courses earning a grade of C- or better will transfer from a regionally accredited college and/or university. Courses taken through an unaccredited college will be reviewed by the Registrar. Remedial courses and courses vocational or technical in nature will not transfer. The University reserves the right to accept only courses that are equivalent in content and objectives to those offered at Judson.

Grades for transfer courses are calculated in the summary GPA for determining qualification for graduation with honors, the honors programs, and athletic eligibility.

A minimum of 40 percent of major coursework must be completed at Judson.

A minimum of 40 percent of the major must be in courses at the 300 level or above.

Upon matriculation a transfer student has one semester to appeal any course evaluation. A written letter of appeal containing the course description and syllabi must be submitted to the Registrar.

Applied Associate Degree

An Applied Associate degree will not be applied as meeting General Education requirements.

Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI)

Judson University is a participating institution in IAI. The IAI was designed to help Illinois college students transfer easily. All participating colleges and universities agreed to accept an IAI general education "package" for transfer students in place of the institution's own general education requirements. The IAI core must be completed by the time the student matriculates to Judson. 

Students who transfer to Judson in pursuit of a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts, who have already earned an Associate of Arts (AA) or Science (AS) or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university with a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher upon matriculation will be deemed to have completed lower division general education courses except when specific general education courses are stipulated by the major and/or professional certification requirements.

Associate or Bachelor degree transfer students pursuing a Judson BA/BFA must complete BST110 Introduction to the Bible, THS110 Christian Faith: Understanding and Application, an upper division literature course, GEN301 Reflecting on the Conversation (or a major equivalent) and GEN401 The Good Life: Continuing the Conversation. 

Those who transfer to Judson with an Associate's or Bachelor's in Science degree from an accredited college/university pursuing Judson's BS degree must complete BST110 Introduction to the Bible, THS110 Christian Faith: Understanding and Application, MAT311 Probability and Statistics w/Lab OR SSC391 Statistics and Research Methods, GEN301 Reflecting on the Conversation (or a major equivalent) and GEN401 The Good Life: Continuing the Conversation.

These agreements do not guarantee that a student who transfers to Judson with an Associate's or Bachelor's degree will graduate in two years. The student is responsible to work with their advisor in developing a graduation plan to meet all graduation requirements.

In addition to the IAI, Judson has established specific articulation agreements with several local institutions to help ensure a smooth transition for transfer students: BIR Training Center, College Consortium, Elgin Community College, Harper College, Kishwaukee College, McHenry County College, Rockford Career College, Rock Valley College, Saint Anthony College of Nursing and Waubonsee Community College.

Conversion Policy

Courses are offered based on the semester-hour system. Whenever students take courses at another university or college that is using the quarter-hour credit system, the following policy governs the number of credit hours that will transfer to Judson. Quarter hours convert to semester hours at the rate of 1 quarter hour = 2/3 semester hour. Multiply number of quarter hours by .67.

5 Quarter Hrs. = 3.35
4 Quarter Hrs. = 2.68
3 Quarter Hrs. = 2.01
2 Quarter Hrs. = 1.34
1 Quarter Hr. = .67

A course from another university or college using the quarter-hour system may be approved to fulfill a general education requirement. However, students must be aware that the conversion formula may affect the student fulfilling the required 120 degree hours for the Bachelors degrees.

Student Success and Registrar's Office Staff

Virginia L. Guth
Vice President for Student Success and

University Registrar


Maria Aguirre
Academic Advisor - Adult Professional (BA) and Graduate


Casimiro Vela
Academic Advisor - Adult Professional (AA)


Caitlin Kiel
Assistant to the Registrar:
Catalog and Reporting


Kirsten Olson

Transfer Student Director


Jill A. Hargis
Graduation Advisor


Rebecca Huguley
Registrar's Office Coordinator
Transcript Orders and Enrollment Verifications


General Inquiries

Judson University, Shaping Lives that Shape the World