Traditional Student Advising | Judson University Christian College

Traditional Student Advising Instructions

Summer 2020 and 2021, Fall 2020 and Spring 2021

This will be the only formal pre-registration for next year. You must register for both Fall 2020 and Spring 2021.

Holds will be temporarily lifted upon request to help you register. You will be required to resolve all holds by May 1, 2020. Step 3 below provides instructions for viewing holds.

Do you have an Application For Graduation hold? - If so, you should complete an application for graduation and email it to your advisor. Please note that you should include a copy of your degree audit (with notes). Advisors will then forward your approved application to the Registrar's Office for the hold to be lifted.

Registration Timeline

  • Grad/Senior Advising - March 9 - March 13
    Student Registration will open March 13 - see MyJudson for your specific time.
  • Junior Advising - March 16 - March 20
    Student Registration will open March 20- see MyJudson for your specific time.
  • Sophomore Advising - March 23 - March 27
    Student Registration will open March 27 - see MyJudson for your specific time.
  • Freshman Advising - March 30 - April 3
    Student Registration will open April 3- see MyJudson for your specific time.

Note: Please note you must register for both Fall 2020 and Spring 2021. You can still make changes through the first week of classes each term.

Note: Classification is based on CURRENT classification. You can find your classification by looking at your unofficial transcript under Student Info in MyJudson.

Steps To Get Registered

  1. Review your Four Year Plan
    • Four Year Plans are located inside MyJudson. Click the Student Info tab and click Four-year Plans under Resources. Note you will need to pull the four year plan based on the year you came to Judson. Example - if you came to Judson Fall 2018 - please pull the 18-19 four year plan for your major.
  2. Review your Degree Audit
    • Identify the courses you need to complete. These are located in MyJudson - Student Info and then Degree Info.
    • Click here to watch a video that will walk you through reading your Degree Audit.
  3. Check your account for holds
    • There will be a dark blue banner across the top of the screen in MyJudson if you have holds. To check these holds, go to "Personal Info" by your name after you log in to MyJudson, then click "Academic Info"
    • If you have a DEBT hold or a PAST DUE BALANCE hold, please contact Student Accounts to have it temporarily lifted.
    • If you have a CREDENTIAL hold, please contact the Registrar's Office to have it temporarily lifted.
  4. Complete a registration form for each term
    • Review the Course Schedules in MyJudson - These are located under Course Offerings to select your courses.
    • Print and complete these forms for your advising appointment. Email the completed form to your advisor. If approved, your advisor will clear you to register. If you have not been cleared you will see a message in MyJudson stating "You do not have clearance to register. You must first see your advisor."
    • Student Responsibilities for Advising Sessions
  5. Clear your registration forms for each term in which you plan to register
    • Registration Agreement - Click on the link for the registration agreement and carefully read the Acknowledgement of Financial Responsibility.
    • Complete the Personal Information Update - Be sure to update your information, if it has changed.
  6. Register for your courses when your designated time is open. To view your time go to MyJudson, click Course Schedule and Registration. The Alert will have your time listed.

Note: If you are unable to access the documents listed above or have difficulty interpreting these documents, please email the Registrar's Office for assistance.


If you are an athlete with questions regarding eligibility requirements, contact Jaimee Bartha.

If you are interested in looking at other options for a major, contact Rachel Hamann. If you intend to change any majors or minors, complete the Traditional Major/Minor Declaration form, located on the Student Info tab in MyJudson. Click Student Forms in the box on the left.

Do you need to take more than 19 hours in a semester next year? Complete the Credit Overload Petition, located in MyJudson on the Student Info tab. Click Verification/Special Course in the box on the left.

Thinking of taking transfer courses over the summer? Be sure to complete the online Transfer Course Approval form in MyJudson, located on the Student Info tab. Click Student Forms in the box on the left. Failure to complete the form will result in the course not being accepted.


Judson University, Shaping Lives that Shape the World