Dr. Darryl Jenkins
Board of Trustees Chair
Dr. Jenkins has over 25 years of experience in corporate, pastoral and congregational leadership, and is founder and pastor of Faith Community Church, a growing non-denominational multi-ethnic and multi-cultural congregation in Itasca, Illinois.
For over 25 years, Dr. Jenkins has been in corporate management working in areas of Strategic Planning, Information Technology, Project / Program Management, Marketing, Advanced Mobile Services (Wireless/Wireline Networks), Corporate Training and Development – managing multi-million dollar accounts, end-to-end cross-functional teams from the largest multinational corporations to small businesses in Europe (EMEA), Asia Pacific (APAC) and throughout the North America region (NAR).
He first began to discern a calling to the ministry as a pre-teen while serving as a church musician and participating in church bible school in Chicago, Illinois. With the support of church leaders, he begin leading bible study classes which he approached with great joy, discipline, and passion for the Word of God. His personal and spiritual journey led him to Alexandria, VA where he says, “God led him from the familiar to the unfamiliar in order that God would become more familiar.” A former resident of Alexandria, VA, Dr. Jenkins used his gifts of leadership, teaching, and administration to establish the Potomac Community Mentoring Program, working with prison inmates and re-entry programs with his friend and spiritual mentor, the Rev. Dr. Elbert Ransom, an aide to the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
In addition to his corporate and business leadership, he has over twenty-five years in pastoral and congregational leadership and is founder and pastor of Faith Community Church, a growing non-denominational multi-ethnic and multi-cultural congregation in Itasca, Il. Dr. Jenkins continues to build ecumenical relations across the United Methodist Churches, African Methodist Episcopal Churches, American Baptist Churches, Progressive National Baptist Convention, and other interfaith organizations to share and spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Dr. Jenkins is the principal of SevenStar Consulting a Chicago-based firm focused on small businesses in the technology and defense sectors as well as providing cultural competency to bridging the divide across the police and community culture. Eager to bring executive-level experience, business management, and Christian theological training to the next generation of leaders, he teaches a variety of courses in leadership development, management, cultural competency, discipleship, business, faith, and life issues.
He enjoys sharing his time and experiences with non-profit organizations and as a board member to support social, civic, and global causes in Nairobi, Kenya, Uganda, Belize, Burma, Haiti, India, and the U.S.A.
Dr. Jenkins joined the faculty of Judson University in 2016.
He and his wife, LaDawne enjoy traveling, cultural arts and music, sports, reading, golfing, and quality time with family and friends.
- D.Min, Missional Church Leadership and Development, Northern Theological Seminary, Lombard, IL, 2012
- M.Div., Congregational and Community Leadership, Northern Theological Seminary, Lombard, IL, 2004
- B.S., Business Management and International Affairs, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, 1991
- Leadership in Ministry
- Faith and Life Issues
- Pastoral Care, Youth & Family Counseling
- Urban Ministry Leadership
- Developing Your Life Mission
- Decision Making Strategies
- Church Planting
- Old Testament (Pentateuch)
- New Testament (The Gospels & Acts)
- Engaging Congregations in Ministries of Faith & Health
- Management Information Systems
- Spiritual Formation & Adult Ministries
- Local and Global Outreach
- Rush University Medical Center, Preventive Medicine – ALIVE! Research Project
- Precept Ministries International
- Perspectives on the World Christian Movement
- Broom Tree Ministries
- The Lydia Institution for Organizational Leadership & Development
- Heritage Community Development Corporation
- The Council for Christian Colleges & Universities