REPORTS TO: Access Services Supervisor.
The Evening & Weekend Supervisor oversees and supervises the library during the evening, night, and weekend hours. This is an ongoing part-time staff position during the months of August-May. The hours for this position include working 2 nights per week until 11 p.m. (later during finals weeks).
- Monitor the library, remind patrons of library policies and procedures, preemptively address situations, and de-escalate conflict in order to provide a safe and productive environment for patrons.
- Provide training, guidance, and accountability to library student employees regarding policies and procedures.
- Supervise the functions of the Circulation Desk during scheduled shifts.
- Oversee the closing of the library.
- Assist with interlibrary loan requesting and borrowing.
- Assist with checking in print periodicals, shelving, collection maintenance, and usage statistics.
- Assist with managing the print book collection by doing inventory, shelving, and book repair.
- Support the mission and goals of the University and the library.
- Promote a positive, Christ-centered work environment.
- Be culturally aware in order to sensitively and respectfully interact with Judson University’s diverse community.
- Receive basic training from the library’s reference department to assist with patrons’ requests for Research Assistance, when needed.
- Pursue online professional development training through the library’s consortia opportunities and vendors.
- Participate in additional library projects, library events, and campus events, as needed.
- The minimum educational requirement for this position is a bachelor’s degree.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Must be able to easily sort letters and numbers alphabetically and numerically.
- Affinity for establishing rapport with college students.
- Model excellent customer service.
- Possess the ability to enforce policies and procedures with kindness and respect.
- Possess a commitment to Christ-centered Christian higher education.
- Demonstrate an active and growing Christian faith.
- Circulation Assistants and Research Assistants (student employees)
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary is commensurate with education & experience.
If you are an external candidate who is interested in applying for this position, please follow this: