REPORTS TO: Grounds Supervisor
The Groundskeeper is primarily responsible for performing general maintenance and landscaping of outdoor campus areas.
- Performs general routine groundskeeping duties including litter pickup, mowing lawns, raking leaves and other debris, trimming trees and shrubs, and watering lawns and plants as necessary.
- Fertilizes lawn, trees, flowers, and shrubs as needed.
- Cleans and maintains hardscape areas as directed including manual cleaning and pressure washing.
- Spreads and arranges mulch, gravel, and other groundcover materials as needed.
- Assists housekeepers with the removal of bagged trash and recycling from campus buildings and designated areas.
- Performs snow and ice removal duties.
- Performs duties safely, initiating immediate corrective action if an unsafe condition or behavior exists and making recommendations to the Grounds Supervisor to eliminate or mitigate potential occupational hazards.
- Participates in weekly department meetings.
- Ensures adequate levels of supplies and coordinates replenishment of supplies proactively to ensure no interruption in work.
- Assists in furniture moving and setup for campus events as directed by Grounds Supervisor.
- Refers any maintenance issues to the proper department using established policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position does not directly supervise other employees but may assist with on-the-job training of new staff on routine procedures.
- Perform duties of the position in such a manner as to maximize the fiscal resources of Judson University.
Education/ Experience Prerequisites:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 18 years of age at time of appointment.
- At least three years of experience in a groundskeeping or landscaping role.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions.
- Physically capable of safely performing skills involved in grounds/landscaping work.
- In possession of a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Shall pass a background check and drug screening upon request.
- Work a variable schedule which may include shift work, weekends and/or holidays as needed.
- Perform duties indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Wear prescribed Judson University apparel or suitable approved clothing.
- Perform physically strenuous duties which may require lifting of up to fifty pounds, climbing stairs and hills, climbing ladders, shoveling, safely operating motorized equipment, and using other tools and equipment as necessary.
Note: This job description is not an employment contract and Judson University reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary is commensurate with education & experience.
If you are an internal candidate who is interested in applying for this position, please follow this link:
If you are an external candidate who is interested in applying for this position, please follow this: