REPORTS TO: Full-time Housekeeper
The Housekeeper keeps assigned buildings and spaces in clean, safe, and orderly condition, mainly through the performance of routine cleaning duties.
- Performs general, routine cleaning duties of assigned areas including dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, and restocking paper and soap supplies.
- Bags trash for proper disposal, empties trash receptacles and disposes trash into dumpsters or designated areas for pickup.
- May assist with snow removal activities and minor maintenance, such as adjusting clocks, rearranging furniture, and other similar activities.
- Maintains designated custodial supply storage area(s) in a safe and orderly condition. Proactively notifies supervisor of supply needs to prevent interruption to workflow.
- Works with Custodial Supervisor to understand unique building custodial needs and develop and implement strategies to address these.
- Promotes continuous improvement or workplace safety and environmental practices. Initiates immediate corrective action if an unsafe condition or behavior exists and makes recommendations to their supervisor to eliminate or mitigate potential occupational hazards.
- Participates in department and University meetings as assigned.
- Refers any maintenance issues to the proper department using established policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position does not directly supervise other employees but may assist with on-the-job training of new staff on routine procedures.
- Perform duties of the position in such a manner as to maximize the fiscal resources of Judson University.
Education/ Experience Prerequisites:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to use technology as appropriate, including the use of an electronic timecard system.
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Shall pass a background check and drug screening upon request.
- Work a variable schedule which may include shift work, weekends and/or holidays as needed.
- Position involves long periods of time standing, walking, bending, and climbing up and down stairs.
- The position may require the use of power equipment to buff floors and shampoo carpets and would be expected to perform routine maintenance to this custodial equipment.
- Wear prescribed Judson University apparel or suitable approved clothing.
Note: This job description is not an employment contract and Judson University reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary is commensurate with education & experience.
If you are an internal candidate who is interested in applying for this position, please follow this link:
If you are an external candidate who is interested in applying for this position, please follow this: