The Housekeeper keeps assigned buildings and spaces in clean, safe, and orderly condition, mainly through the performance of routine cleaning duties.
- Recruit academically and athletically talented student-athletes who fit in the Christian culture & mission of Judson University.
- Mentor student-athletes spiritually, academically, and athletically.
- Effectively train student athletes in pertinent event areas.
- Manage and monitor student-athlete academic success.
- Conduct administrative duties such as budgeting, practice and competitive schedules, coordinating travel logistics, and otherwise managing the business aspects of the program.
- Attend all appropriate NAIA, NCCAA, and CCAC coaches meetings.
- Uphold University-wide responsibilities, including, but not limited to serving on committees, participating in chapel events, supporting student recruitment and retention, speaking at athletic and community events, etc.
- Other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the Director of Athletics or Executive Vice President.
- Performs general, routine cleaning duties of assigned areas to include dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, and restocking paper and soap supplies.
- Bags trash for proper disposal, empties trash receptacles, disposes trash into dumpsters or designated areas for pickup.
- May assist with snow removal activities and minor maintenance, such as adjusting clocks, rearranging furniture, and other similar activities.
- Maintains designated custodial supply storage area(s) in a safe and orderly condition. Proactively notifies supervisor of supply needs to prevent interruption to workflow.
- Works with Custodial Supervisor to understand unique building custodial needs and develop and implement strategies to address these.
- Promotes continuous improvement or workplace safety and environmental practices. Initiates immediate corrective action if an unsafe condition or behavior exists and makes recommendations to their supervisor to eliminate or mitigate potential occupational hazards.
- Participates in department and University meetings as assigned.
- Refers any maintenance issues to the proper department using established policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position does not directly supervise other employees, but may assist with on-the-job training of new staff on routine procedures.
- Perform duties of the position in such a manner as to maximize the fiscal resources of Judson University.
Education/ Experience Prerequisites:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 18 years of age at time of appointment.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to use technology as appropriate, to include use of electronic timecard system.
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Shall pass a background check and drug screening upon request.
- Work a variable schedule which may include shift work, weekends and/or holidays as needed.
- Position involves long periods of time standing, walking, bending, and climbing up and down stairs.
- Position may require use of power equipment to buff floors and shampoo carpets, and would be expected to perform routine maintenance to this custodial equipment.
- Wear prescribed Judson University apparel or suitable approved clothing.
Note: This job description is not an employment contract and Judson University reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.