REPORTS TO: Dana Pautsch, Professor Exercise and Sport Science Department Coordinator
This part-time, hourly position supports the Exercise & Sport Science undergraduate program. The ESS Department Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to assist the Department Chair in facilitating the operation of both Sport Management and Health Promotion & Performance Majors and meeting the needs of both faculty and students. The employee should have experience working in a collaborative environment with excellent office and people skills. The part-time schedule (20 hours max per week) will allow for flexibility for the Coordinator but will remain within daytime hours (8:00 am-5:00 pm) between Monday and Friday.
- Establish, build, and maintain relationships with undergraduate students by meeting to review degree progress, select courses, and meet graduation requirements.
- Facilitate advising of ESS undergraduate students and maintain student files.
- Assist undergraduate students with their career goals and support their search for Practicum and Internship sites by organizing paperwork and networking with local organizations.
- Develop career preparation and professional development sessions for upperclassman ESS students.
- Support facilitation of ESS Department Chapels and Colloquium meetings.
- Assist Department Chair with the marketing of the ESS Department by updating the department website and managing social media channels.
Supervisory Responsibility: Not a supervisory position
- Assist ESS faculty by maintaining adjunct files, processing contracts, confirming compensation, ordering course materials, reserving classrooms/meeting spaces,
- Enter departmental data and maintain the alumni database.
- Attend and take minutes at faculty meetings.
- Support the mission and goals of the University and the ESS Department
- Promote a positive, Christ-centered work environment.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and databases needed.
- Aptitude for working with general office equipment: phone (voicemail), computers (e-mail, Internet), and copiers.
- Affinity for establishing rapport with college students through utilizing excellent interpersonal, oral, and written skills.
- Be a self-starter, independent, and highly organized.
- Possess a commitment to Christ-centered Christian higher education.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience working with diverse students/populations and/or student-athletes.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Hourly pay ($15-$17 per hour) based on experience.
Please submit all application materials to: Professor Dana Pautsch, Department Chair of Exercise & Sport Science, [email protected]