Position Summary: The Student Accounts Specialist is a key member of the Business Affairs department, responsible for ensuring accurate and timely processing of student account transactions and maintaining student account records. This individual will also provide excellent customer service to students, families, and university staff in regard to student account inquiries.
- Process and reconcile student account transactions, including payments, refunds, and charges.
- Respond to student and family inquiries regarding student account balances, payment plans, and financial aid.
- Communicate with students, families, and university staff to resolve account issues and ensure accurate student account information.
- Maintain accurate student account records, including the preparation and distribution of statements, and ensuring the timely posting of transactions.
- Work closely with the Financial Aid Office to resolve account discrepancies and assist with the disbursement of financial aid.
- Assist with the preparation and reconciliation of student account reports and other data as needed.
- Stay current with university policies and procedures related to student accounts, including the understanding and implementation of new regulations.
- Manage the collections process for former student accounts by collaborating with external collections agencies to recover outstanding balances.
- Monitor and report on the status of delinquent accounts and develop strategies for their resolution.
- Work with former students to address issues related to their account balances, including providing information on payment options and negotiating payment arrangements when necessary.
- Oversee the write-off process for uncollectible accounts, ensuring compliance with university policies and procedures.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in business administration, Accounting, or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in student accounts, billing, banking, or related field.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle a high volume of transactions accurately.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong customer service orientation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Access along with the Student Accounts billing and payment system.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with education & experience. Benefits for full-time employees include a tuition waiver program for the employee and dependent (pro-rated by year until employed for four years), medical and dental insurance, retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holidays and two personal days per year.
If you are an enthusiastic and organized individual, who is passionate about providing excellent customer service, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
If you are an internal candidate who is interested in applying for this position, please follow this link:
If you are an external candidate who is interested in applying for this position, please follow this: