Why the BA in Applied Psychology at Judson?
Live up to your promise at Judson University
You can complete your Judson bachelor’s degree in as little as two years while you learn from tenured professionals with real clinical experience in counseling, human services, and psychology. Upon completion of your degree, you will have learned to:
- Apply clinical research methods to analyze emotion, thought, and human behavior
- Integrate psychology theories and research findings with Christian principles
- Start your career in one of many fields or continue onto graduate school
Grow Your Career
Be Close to Home or work
In this program, you’ll choose when and where you learn best. Our Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology is offered in an asynchronous online format. This means you can plan weekly study around your schedule.
- 100% Online
- If you prefer to attend classes from the comfort of your own home, you can collaborate with your Judson community and complete assignments from anywhere by completing your degree online.
Progress at a comfortable Pace
Judson’s Applied Psychology bachelor’s program is designed for working adults with busy schedules. Through our flexible model, you can take classes just one night a week—studying on your own schedule and at your own pace. Plan to spend about 15 hours a week on coursework. Following this schedule, you can expect to graduate in two years, depending on your past college experience you transfer in.
As a student in Judson’s Professional Studies Program, you’ll enjoy all the same support as our traditional students. Each learner in our Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology will receive personal attention through helpful people and resources, including:
- Enrollment and Success Coaches who guide you through application, enrollment, coursework, and school-life balance
- 24/7 tech helpdesk so you can keep current on your courses from anywhere
- Tutoring and academic support to get through tough classes and assignments
Learn Hands-on Skills from experienced faculty
Judson’s psychology faculty aren’t just experts on theory—they’re practitioners with current professional experience in the real world. Their background influences their class discussions and assignments to give you a more well-rounded and practical education.
Our values, class environments, and our answers to your frequently asked questions about our Adult Professional programs.
- Study the most relevant topics related to your field of interest.
- Learn from faculty who have both professional experience and a desire to see you succeed.
- Infuse your learning with a Christian worldview that will propel your success in work and in life.
- Develop ethical principles based on Christian beliefs that will guide you through dilemmas in work and in life.
- Receive your education from a highly-ranked, accredited university that maintains a high standard of academic excellence.
Judson’s Professional Studies Program classes meet just one night a week, or online, offering a professional, supportive environment, with quality academics. Why enroll in the Professional Studies Program?
- The program makes the most of your available time.
- The coursework can be directly applied to your current or desired career.
- Classes are tailored to people who are in a similar place in life.
- Faculty place extra emphasis on insights from their own professional experiences.
As a student you will have the opportunity to:
- Build life-long relationships with career networking opportunities.
- Learn and gain support from the unique ideas and experiences of fellow students
- Create a graduation plan to help you remain on track from the start of your coursework through graduation
DIVERSE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
The U.S. Department of Labor projects the overall employment of psychologists to grow 14 percent from 2016 to 2026—that’s double the average of other career fields. Individuals with undergraduate degrees in applied psychology are employed in many different settings, including:
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Armed Forces
- Community Health Centers
- Correctional Centers
- Government Settings
- Educational Settings
SAMPLE COURES INCLUDE
The B.A. of Applied Psychology degree which include the following:
- Applied Psychology (3 credits)
- Lifespan Development (3 credits)
- Psychological Disorders (3 credits)
- Faith and Life Issues (3 credits)
- Cultural Competence: Divergence or Deviance (3 credits)
- Brain Development, Dynamics, and Disabilities (3 credits)
- Applied Positive Psychology (3 credits)
Judson’s Professional Studies Division is tailored to adults who are building on work experience or prior education as they seek a bachelor’s degree.
Our students continually report that they are able to attend college and earn a degree while still maintaining their work and family life. Classes meet just one night a week or online. Expect to spend about 15 hours a week on coursework outside of class. You can complete your applied psychology major work in as few as two years, and the time to complete the rest of your degree varies depending on your previous learning experience.
SHAPE YOUR LIFE TO SHAPE THE WORLD!
At Judson, we strive to offer innovative and distinctive programs that meet the demands of today’s workforce.
Our world needs leaders who cannot only make a living but also make a life. The values of Judson University and the faculty who engage you in the classroom will prepare you to make much needed change in our culture.