Why the BA in Organizational Leadership?
Live up to your promise at Judson University
At Judson, you can finish your bachelor’s degree in as little as two years while you learn from experienced professionals with hands-on experience in corporate and other business settings. Upon completion of your degree, you will have learned to:
- Demonstrate your capacity to plan, organize, and lead professionally
- Conduct, evaluate, and present business proposals to stakeholders and decision-makers
- Adapt your skillset in management, critical thinking, and research to current and future business trends.
Grow Your Career
be cLose to home or work
In this program, you’ll choose when and where you learn best. Judson’s Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Leadership is offered at two campuses or online. You can excel in this degree at the following locations:
- Elgin, IL
- Experience the tight-knit community at our longtime home in Elgin. Our home campus is conveniently located just off I-90, allowing you to maintain a comfortable work/life balance.
- Rockford, IL
- Located in the SwedishAmerican Riverfront YMCA in downtown Rockford, you’ll benefit from a Judson education and YMCA perks, including free childcare during class.
- 100% Online
If you prefer to attend classes from the comfort of your own home, you can collaborate with your Judson community and complete assignments from anywhere by completing your degree online.
progress at a comfortable pace
Judson’s Organizational Leadership bachelor’s program is designed for working adults with busy schedules. Through our flexible model, you can take classes just one night a week—studying on your own schedule and at your own pace. Plan to spend about 15 hours a week on coursework. Following this schedule, you can expect to graduate in two years, depending on past experience you transfer in.
As a student in Judson’s Adult Professional Program, you’ll enjoy all the same support as our traditional students. Each learner in our Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration will receive personal attention through helpful people and resources, including:
- Enrollment and Success Coaches who guide you through application, enrollment, coursework, and school-life balance
- 24/7 tech helpdesk so you can keep current on your courses from anywhere
- Tutoring and academic support to get through tough classes and assignments
Learn Hands-on skills from experienced faculty
Judson’s business faculty aren’t just experts on theory—they’re practitioners with current professional experience in the real world. Their background influences their class discussions and assignments to give you a more well-rounded and practical education.
Our answers to your frequently asked questions about our Adult Professional programs.
The U.S. Department of Labor projects the overall growth for Management/Analyst jobs to increase 20% from 2010 to 2020—above the average of other career fields. Individuals with undergraduate degrees in organizational leadership are employed in many different settings, including:
- Office Managers
- H.R. Administrators
- Executive Assistants
- Executive Directors
- V.P. of Operations
The B.A. of Organizational Leadership degree may include these sample courses:
- Critical Thinking, Research and Writing
- Strategic Management
- Managerial Budgeting and Accounting
- Technology Management
- Leading Innovation
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Analytics
- Diversity and Intergenerational Effectiveness
- Leading Change in Organizations
- Leadership Theory and Application
- Global Leadership
- Organizational Behavior and Development
- Business Capstone
- Faith and Life Issues
Judson’s Professional Studies Division is tailored to adults who are building on work experience or prior education as they seek a bachelor’s degree. Our students continually report that they are able to attend college and earn a degree while still maintaining their work and family life. Classes meet just one night a week or online. Expect to spend about 15 hours a week on coursework outside of class. You can complete your organizational leadership major work in as few as two years, and the time to complete the rest of your degree varies depending on your previous learning experience.
SHAPE YOUR LIFE TO SHAPE THE WORLD!
At Judson, we strive to offer innovative and distinctive programs that meet the demands of today’s workforce.
Our world needs leaders who cannot only make a living but also make a life. The values of Judson University and the faculty who engage you in the classroom will prepare you to make much needed change in our culture.