How to Apply
Master of Architecture
Admission into the Master of Architecture program at Judson University requires the following:
- Successful completion of the Judson University B.A. in Architecture or equivalent (see Non-Judson Applicants below).
- A summary undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- A cumulative architecture course GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- A comprehensive portfolio of academic, creative and professional work.
- A letter of intent stating the applicant’s abilities and professional aspirations.
- A complete application form.
- International students must also include an IELTS exam transcript with a score of 6.5 or above, or equivalent TOEFL score for consideration.
- The whole of the above will be considered regardless of the particular strengths or weaknesses of any single component.
The application deadline is February 15 for summer semester priority enrollment. The sequential one year program, comprised of three semesters, starts ideally in the summer semester. The fall semester late enrollment is July 1 and spring semester enrollment deadline is November 15. Applicants are notified of their application status by March 31, August 15, or December 31, respectively.
|Application Deadline||Notification Date|
|Summer Priority||February 15||March 31|
|Fall Late||July 1||August 15|
|Spring||November 15||December 31|
Additional Requirements For Non-Judson B.A./B.S. ApplicantS
Applicants who have earned a B.A. or B.S. degree in Architecture or another field from a regionally accredited institution may apply for admissions as a Post-B.A. student. They must complete all of the application requirements above and supplement the application with the following:
- An official copy of transcripts from any institution of study.
- Three letters of recommendation from those familiar with their academic and/or professional work.
- $100 application fee.
- Results from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
In most cases, approved applicants will be required to complete “preparatory courses,” as designated by the Architecture Department Chair, which satisfy NAAB and departmental mission requirements in preparation for the graduate program. Upon completion of the preparatory courses, the Post-B.A. student may formally apply to the graduate program.