How to Apply
Master of Arts in Ministry and Leadership
The Master of Arts in Ministry and Leadership program at Judson University is an accelerated, innovative, cohort-based program designed to educate, equip, and empower scholar-leaders for vocational ministry in churches and other ministry organizations. Admission to the program will be offered to the applicant whose overall profile demonstrates the ability to succeed in and contribute to both this graduate degree program and future ministry, based on the person’s prior and current ministry involvement and a review of the following application materials.
- Application form – completed, signed, and dated (available below)
- Completed Am I Ready Survey: “Am I Ready for the Master of Leadership in Ministry Program?” (available below)
- Application fee of $35.
- Two letters of reference from ministry leaders. Letters should speak to the character and Christian maturity of the applicant as well as the applicant’s potential for ministry leadership. At least one should be from your place of ministry leadership involvement.
- Official signed and sealed transcripts of all college and graduate work. A grade point of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale is preferred.
- An undergraduate degree in Christian Ministries or a related field is preferred but not required. For those with non-ministry-related undergraduate degrees, please submit a detailed list of formal and non-formal learning experiences for each of the following areas: (Seminars, conferences, individual courses, books….)
- Theology and Biblical History and Interpretation
- Leadership and Administration
- Teaching and Speaking
- Spiritual Formation, Mentoring, and Discipleship
- Social Science Foundations: Culture and Human Development
- Typewritten, double-spaced essay (not to exceed 500 words) describing your purpose and goals for pursuing the Master of Arts in Ministry and Leadership.
- Typewritten, double-spaced essay (not to exceed 500 words) describing your spiritual journey to this point including such items as significant influences and key beliefs.
- The whole of the above will be considered regardless of any particular strengths or weaknesses within a single component.
Print application packets for admission to the Master of Arts in Ministry and Leadership program can also be obtained by contacting the Administrative Assistant for the Department of Christian Ministries.
Completed applications Should be Emailed to:
Notice of Decision
Decisions regarding admission are determined by the Director of the Master of Arts in Ministry and Leadership program and the Department of Christian Ministries. Applicants will be notified by mail regarding their application status once the application and all ancillary materials are submitted and have been reviewed. Questions regarding application status may be directed to the Administrative Assistant for the Department of Christian Ministries.
Notice to International Applicants
Due to the hybrid nature (online with face-to-face intensives) of the Master of Arts in Ministry and Leadership program, it is not possible for an international student to receive a standard student visa that would allow the student to reside in the US while completing the program. The student may be able to receive visas for the three face-to-face weekend-long intensives, which would require the student to travel back and forth from the home country. Please consider this information in your decision to apply.