Graduate Financial Aid



Graduate Financial Aid Staff


Lora Samayavong

Director of Financial Aid

View Bio of Lora Samayavong

Student Aid and Loans

The most important thing you can do to receive financial aid is submit the FREE Federal Application for student aid by going to The best way to find out exactly how much financial aid you will be receiving is to submit the FAFSA and apply to Judson.


You do not have to repay grants (“free money”), one form of financial aid. They are based on your demonstrated financial need as determined by the FAFSA.

Student Loans

Unsubsidized Loans

These loans can also be deferred while you remain a part- or full-time student; however, interest will accrue at a low interest rate. Unsubsidized loans are available regardless of your financial need. The maximum amount you will be eligible for any academic year is $20,500.

Repayment of your loans starts six months after you graduate or drop below half-time status. Note: Subsidized Loans are not available for graduate degree students.

Other Funding Sources

Payment Plans

You may prefer using a payment plan to finance your education. This is also a good option for paying partial balances that may remain after your tuition reimbursement or financial aid is applied.

You can use our Tuition Payment Plan to set up monthly payments to spread your tuition balance over an entire term. There is a minimal charge, but you won’t be charged interest on your balance. Contact Student Accounts for more information.

Employer Tuition Reimbursement

Check with your employer to see if they offer some form of tuition reimbursement or assistance with your education. Many students are surprised to learn that their organization has this type of assistance.

You can also use our payment plan option if your employer offers reimbursement based on your grade or completion of the course. In most cases, we can work with your company or organization to set up a plan to pay us directly so you do not have to worry about out-of pocket expenses.

We strongly recommend that you apply for financial aid regardless of your income or tuition reimbursement benefits. If something unexpected happens to your source of income or benefits, you’ll be at an advantage and minimize the risk of having to drop out of school.

Contact Student Accounts for the Adult Professionals program with any questions you may have or see the adult undergraduate catalog for detailed information.

Military Benefits

If you served in the military, you may be eligible for financial assistance as part of your ongoing benefits. If you have the GI Bill available to you, it can be applied to your tuition. Unfortunately, the Illinois Veteran’s Grant can only be applied to state schools, so it cannot be used at Judson University.

Outside Scholarships

Because of the discounted tuition students receive in their cohort courses, Judson University scholarships are not available for our Adult Undergraduate students. However, there are many private scholarships that go unclaimed and unused. If you receive a private scholarship, you can apply it to your Judson account.

Below are some resources you can research:
Please note that these links are not to be considered an endorsement or recommendation by Judson University.

Common Questions about Graduate Financial Aid

Students must be enrolled in at least a part-time course load to be eligible to receive federal financial aid.

After you have completed the FAFSA and been accepted into a graduate program at Judson, our financial aid team will contact you to review your available aid. An award notification will be sent to you. You will have the opportunity to accept or reject any available financial aid.

If you want to renew any federal financial aid, you will need to maintain part-time enrollment and you will need to complete the FAFSA each year, on or after October 1.